Headway Adolescent Resources were formed in 1999 and has established a good reputation in the residential adolescent childcare sector, and pride themselves in having the insight and ability to care for young people as individuals in a holistic manner, regardless of their background.
We are currently seeking an experienced Registered Manager to join our services in Somerset.
You must have a minimum of 2 years’ previous experience within the last 5 years in a position relevant to the residential care of children and, for at least 1 year, requiring the supervision and management of staff working in a care role.
Location - Chedzoy, Somerset
Salary: £38,000.00-£40,000.00 per year
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- You will manage a 3 bedded children’s home (previously rated Good) in a rural area and manage a staff team of 6 to ensure a high quality of care is delivered to young people that provides a positive and enriching living experience that meets their needs and achieves the best possible outcomes for each of the young people.
- You will be accountable for the smooth and efficient management and administration of the home and to undertake wider operational tasks as and when required.
- Must be able to produce, update and monitor plans, reports etc and deliver to deadlines and demonstrate an organised, efficient and flexible approach to their managerial duties.
- Must be able to lead, motivate, manage and develop all members of the staff team within an open and enthusiastic culture which includes the delivery of training.
- Must ensure that the Company is represented professionally to outside agencies and within the local community and contribute towards the development of the Company.
- You must be committed to making a real difference to the lives of the young people in our care and to working to a high standard of professional practice with a non-judgmental and get up and go positive attitude taking into account the views of the young people’s views, wishes and feelings.
- Be able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of Children’s Home legislation and inspection requirements for Ofsted and a thorough knowledge of child protection/safeguarding procedures and protocols.
- You must have a recognised social work qualification ie QCF Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management (Children and Young People) and QCF Level 3 Diploma in Children and Young People Workforce or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years’ previous experience within the last 5 years in a position relevant to the residential care of children and, for at least 1 year, requiring the supervision and management of staff working in a care role.
- Must be licensed to drive a manual gear car and have use of own car and be able to undertake on-call duties (rota shared between 12)
- Occupancy allowance of £175 per month amounting to potential additional earnings of £4,200 per annum
- Non-contributory pension (9% Employer contribution) and company sick pay after 6 months probation
- Any additional childcare hours if required paid at basic hourly rate
- On call payments
- 30 days annual leave including bank holidays
Please also note that on clicking “apply” you will receive a return email asking you to fill out our application form online, and it is a requirement for this to be completed before we can progress your application.