Tutor - Interventions Co-Ordinator
Tutor - Interventions Co-Ordinator
Basic Salary: £21,500
Hours: 8.30am – 4.30pm Term Time
Benefits: Company Pension, Life Assurance, Employee Discount Scheme
Location: Battle, Sussex
ISP School is a Special Educational Needs School that has been established in Kent for over 20 years. Renown for working with vulnerable children with a wide range of complex needs from 7 to 16 years. Our mission is to provide each pupil with a diverse and appropriate education in a safe, supportive environment that promotes self-discipline and engagement, inspires learning and encourages aspiration and achievement.
We have expanded our Special Educational Needs provision by opening a new school with a full capacity of 60 pupils in Battle, East Sussex. The school is located within a country estate, with visually stunning surrounds. If you would like to find out more about our School please visit our website https://ispschools.org.uk/
Are you passionate about educating young people? Can you inspire, encourage, support and enthuse students to achieve their potential?
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and committed individual to support and deliver appropriate intervention for our students in order to maximise achievement, meeting identified literacy, numeracy, cognition & learning; speech language and learning needs, and social, emotional and mental health needs
We are looking to recruit a Tutor to take the lead on the coordination of interventions. This role requires you to be proactive and dynamic, approachable, a good listener, non-judgemental, a role model, positive and reliable, realistic and patient.
- Plan and deliver interventions including specialist programs focusing on literacy, numeracy and social skills
- Develop 1:1 mentoring arrangements for pupils and provide support to them
- Provide support to pupils as well as feedback on such issues as progress, achievement, behaviour and attendance, always seeking to establish productive relationships and acting as a role model
- Providing information and advice to enable pupils to make choices about their own learning/behaviour/attendance and as appropriate, motivate and promote self-esteem
- Support with baseline testing of pupils
- Ensure adequate specialist resources, especially those for specific pupil’s needs
- Work with PEG’s and teaching staff to support pupils in lessons and other areas of the school
- Implement agreed learning activities and teaching programmes, adjusting as necessary according to pupils needs and ensure that they understand the range of activities, courses, organisations and individuals to provide support to pupils in improving their education
- Good standard of education, degree level preferred together with good numeracy and literacy skills
- Previous experience of working closely with SEND children in a specialist setting
- Good IT skills
- Knowledge of policies and procedures pertaining to child protection, health, safety, security and confidentiality
- Ability to relate well with children and communicate diplomatically and tactfully with adults including parents and carers
- Committed to professional development and willing to learn
- Must be willing to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check prior to commencing work. Any costs incurred will be met by ISP.
The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS Check, cost of which will be met by ISP School Battle.
ISP School Battle is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
ISP School Battle is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment