Role: Team Leader
Salary: Opportunity to earn up to £29,194. You will be contracted to 35 hours per week £23,000 basic, and in addition you would be expected to work 1-2 sleep-in nights per week, making your annual earnings £26,592 - £29,194 depending on your chosen number of sleep-ins. Additional overtime is also regularly available
LCS are a leading provider of semi-independent accommodation and support for young people leaving care. Our aim is to support young people towards living independently and to achieve their dreams and aspirations. We provide young people with high quality accommodation and support them to live safely. We support young people aged 16 and over, a number of whom have complex needs including dealing with experiences of trauma and/or loss.
You will join our management team responsible for the day-to-day running of the service. The primary tasks will include supervising a team of support workers as well as undertake some direct support work yourself. You will be given excellent support and coaching from one our experienced Operations Managers, including regular supervision and formal training opportunities.
MAIN DUTIES :
- To provide keywork to a number of young people, so that they achieve their aspirations and are supported to become independent
- To provide management including regular individual and group supervisions to the support work team
- To represent the service positively to a variety of young people, their families and partner agencies
- To contribute to our Out of Hours Duty Rota
- To ensure staffing rotas are prepared well in advance and to ensure cover in the event of staff absence/sickness
- To contribute to leading the team in delivering a safe and high quality service, including chairing regular team meetings and modelling a positive and child-centred culture
- To write, assess and review the quality of Initial Needs and Support Plans, Risk Assessments and Critical Incident Reports
- Reporting to the Head of Service
- To communicate with young people and their parents/carers, to empower them to make informed decisions and to advocate on their behalf when appropriate
- To maintain contact with the young person’s parents/carers where appropriate and in consultation with the responsible local authority
- To maintain appropriate links with the community in which the young person is placed
- To support young people to access education, employment and volunteering opportunities
ESSENTIAL SKILLS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Hold Residential Childcare/Families Practitioner Diploma/Children and Young People’s Workforce/NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care (equivalent or above)
- Experience of working with young people affected by experiences of trauma and loss
- Previous Team Leader/Management experience is a must
- Experience of working with challenging behaviour and or mental health issues
- Must be computer literate
- Be able to work well under pressure and to time limited deadlines
- Have good skills in building relationships and keeping young people at the centre of service thinking and planning
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle is required
Benefits: 28 Days Annual Leave and rising to 33 Days’ per year (inclusive of Bank Holidays), Accredited Training, Employee Discount Scheme & Pension Scheme
LCS is an Equal Opportunities employer. We have also been awarded Double Tick status by the Jobcentre plus. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position. We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification. Please note, we do not work with recruitment agencies.
Please also note that on clicking “apply” you will receive a return email asking you to fill out our application form online, and it is a requirement for this to be completed before we can progress your application.