Headway Adolescent Resources were formed in 1999 and has established a good reputation in the residential adolescent childcare sector, and pride themselves in having the insight and ability to care for young people as individuals in a holistic manner, regardless of their background.
We are currently seeking a Team Leader to join our services in Bristol
Do you have passion and enthusiasm for promoting the well-being of young people and aiding them to reach their full potential?
Location - Bristol, Somerset
- Salary: £22,526 - £24,107 basic salary + sleeps in shifts = potential annual salary of £26,894 - £28.475
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Purpose of Job:
- To ensure that the needs of young people in Headway’s care are met and to provide a positive and safe living experience for these young people and;
- To manage and lead Residential Support Workers in order to provide a high quality of childcare
- To work on shift to ensure that the Home runs efficiently and effectively to a high standard and young people are safeguarded at all times. Thus creating a homely environment for the young people in our care, taking into account their views, wishes and feelings.
- To manage Residential Support Workers within their team, delivering supervision in accordance with company policy.
- To comply with the Company’s Safeguarding Policies and Procedures.
- To comply with and to have an up to date knowledge of the Home’s Statement of Purpose, Policy and Procedures, all relevant legislation and be able to impart this knowledge to their staff and to promote best practice and maintain confidentiality.
- To support effective multi agency working and positive relationships with all staff, the local community, local authorities, other professional agencies and significant others who are part of a young person’s life.
- To comply with and apply company guidelines on Codes of Conduct and to set an acceptable role model standard within the home, acting as a mentor to staff.
- To assist in the development and delivery of the objectives identified in the young person’s Plans.
- To support and compliment the reviewing and monitoring process in the development of Care Planning.
- To play an active part, promote and encourage the participation of young people in the decision-making process of the home and wider community and to provide and/or help them seek information and advice from appropriate sources.
- To promote anti-discriminatory and equal opportunity practices in line with Company Policy.
- To comply with legislation and company policies on Health & Safety, Fire and Data Protection.
- To attend all required training and, when required, to support QCF learners
- Good overall standard of education.
- Working towards or hold Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce or equivalent
- Up to date knowledge of Child Care legislation, children’s home regulations and quality standards.
- Previous experience of working directly with young people with challenging behaviour.
Good report writing and numeracy skills. Well organised with good administration skills. IT literate.
- Able to relate to young people with empathy and committed to a high standard of child care and to achieve the best outcomes for young people in their care.
- Strong motivational, management and leadership potential. Able to supervise, support and develop Residential Support Workers to create a cohesive team.
- Good knowledge of relevant Children’s Home legislation and local & national child protection procedures and protocols.
Please also note that on clicking “apply” you will receive a return email asking you to fill out our application form online, and it is a requirement for this to be completed before we can progress your application.