Senior Social Worker
Senior Social Worker
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Benefits: 30 days Annual Leave (rising to 35 days’ with length of service) + Bank Holidays, Enhanced Mileage, Company Pension, Life Assurance, Employee Discount Scheme
Polaris Children’s Services are an established children’s services provider that delivers innovative and outcomes-based services, offering real value and building brighter futures for as many children, young people and families as possible.
Working across Nottingham, Nottinghamshire and Derby, STARS provides intensive support to children and young people to step down from residential to fostering placements, to stabilise existing fostering placements, to support reunification home, and to divert children and young people from the edge of care.
Please note this a community role so although the office base in homebased you will need to be able to travel to Nottingham, Nottinghamshire or Derby
- Holds a Social Work qualification recognised by Social Work England or equivalent body
- Proven experience of working with children, young people and their families (including foster parents) with complex and multiple needs, including Child Protection issues
- Proven experience of line management of staff who support children, young people, families, foster parents or adults requiring support
- A comprehensive working knowledge of all relevant legislation pertaining to children’s services and fostering as well as publications which inform current thinking regarding good practice and the Safeguarding of children and young people
- Ability to work effectively in partnership with Local Authorities and partner agencies
- Oversee and support the delivery of intervention services to children, young people and families (including foster parents) programme working in a way which promotes equality, diversity and rights for all individual associated with the service
- Respond to referrals/service requests from Local Authority partners
- Implement, monitor and review service plans relating to the assessed needs of children, young people and their families, in partnership with other agencies
- Provide line management to social workers, family support workers and peer mentors
- Refer children, young people and their families (including foster carers) to appropriate specialist or universal services in order that their needs are met
- Contribution to provision of regular returns/contract monitoring reports to the customer
- Support the Service Manager in the delivery of the Key Performance Indicators for the service
Interview Date: 20th October 2021
The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS Check, cost of which will be met by Polaris Children Services.
Polaris Children Services are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
Polaris Children Services are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment