Service Desk Apprentice
Service Desk Apprentice
SERVICE DESK APPRENTICE
Company: Polaris Community
Location: Bromsgrove, Worcestershire
Salary: Up to £12,000 per annum depending on experience
Benefits: 30 days’ Annual Leave (rising to 35 days' with length of service) + Bank Holidays, Company Pension, Life Assurance, Employee Discount Scheme
- To maintain and administer 1st line Telephone Support service desk services provided by Polaris.
- To attempt solutions to IT problems found within any part of the IT systems provided through Polaris, to agreed levels.
- To maintain a support log using Service Desk Plus passing relevant issue up to Senior Support as required.
- To perform regular administration tasks to maintain and monitor IT system servers, WAN systems or PC’s as required. To perform regular administration tasks to maintain and monitor IT system servers, WAN systems, Servers or PC’s as required
- To provide onsite technical support if required inclusive of site visits or assisting external providers in systems installations and support.
- To administer reporting systems on systems and systems processes as required.
- To liaise with clients on systems issues and communicate to relevant staff.
- To accurately administer and record all relevant data in database systems as required to level agreed.
- Assist in technical elements, supporting projects involving Polaris departments, such as office moves or liaison with building, IT & telecoms departments and external providers.
- Dedicated to learning
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels both face to face and by telephone
- Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative against changing priorities and demands
- IT literate
About Polaris Community
We are Polaris, one of the UK’s largest leading communities of children’s service providers.
Within the community, we have independent fostering and adoption agencies who have been passionately improving the lives of young people for over 30 years, as well as Leaving Care services, Residential, Education and bespoke children’s services contracts. Our nurturing community works collectively to support the very best outcomes for each and every child in our care. We’re ambitious for our children and young people, families and staff, and believe in their futures.
The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS Check, cost of which will be met by Polaris.
Polaris is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
Polaris is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment