Full Time/Permanent - 42 hours per week
£31,000 per annum
The Area Camden group are part of the Polaris Community and aims to provide the highest levels of care and service to enable young people to achieve their goals.
As Deputy Manager you will support the Registered Manager in all aspects of the day-to-day running of Area Camden’s service delivery. Promoting a caring environment which provides young people aged 11 to 18 with a high standard of specialised personal care, meeting individual needs and ensuring everyone is treated with respect and dignity and rights to privacy and independence. To support the Registered Manager to supervise, monitor and evaluate the care delivered to young people ensuring legal and up to date registration requirements are delivered in line with Area Camden’s Statement of Purpose.
- To work under the direction of the Registered Manager (RM) and deputise for the Registered Manager as and when required.
- To supervise Key/Support Workers and ensure supervision processes are implemented and recorded with designated staff.
- To support the RM with the day-to-day running of all aspects of the home including; the standards and quality of care, recruitment and training, communication with the team, the premises of the Care Home and financial matters.
- To recognise and assess individuals’ needs, involving relevant professional agencies and relatives where needed, in order to formulate personalised care plans for each individual including identifying and supporting young people’s cultural, social and emotional needs and interests.
- To provide the highest level of personal care and attention to young people following individual care plans carefully and ensuring all contact is polite, friendly, warm and supportive.
- Promoting the social and emotional wellbeing & development of young people and to consistently strive to further develop these skills.
- To promote and encourage positive behaviour, education, independence and self-determination.
- To ensure services are delivered in a non-judgemental and anti-discriminatory manner challenging oppression or discrimination in a positive and appropriate manner.
- To promote and encourage active participation in decision making processes to ensure young people receive a holistic approach to their development.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with statutory and legal requirements relevant throughout the home, including Ofsted, CQC, COSHH, Health and Safety and all aspects of the Health & Social Care Act & the Childrens homes regulations 2015 (England) to maintain a safe and secure environment throughout the home.
- To ensure all appropriate risks assessments are updated and all staff informed of any changes to health and safety legislation.
- To support the RM with the effective running of the home ensuring all legislation and regulations concerning environmental health, infection control, building control, planning and health and safety are met and all risk assessments are regularly carried out (including fire checks) to meet the high standards expected by Area Camden.
- To keep up to date with all National standards, related legislation and inspection frameworks and implement as necessary. Contribute to inspections carried out by Ofsted, regulation 44 visits and any other external professionals as required.
- Follow young people’ individual care plans, to administer medication to young people as prescribed, accurately maintaining appropriate records for both.
- To be an active and encouraging Deputy Manager, establish and maintain effective means of communication and good relationships with young people, relatives, employees in the home along with others externally such as professionals in the caring environment, outside suppliers & agencies.
- Support the RM with staffing requirements, including the recruitment of suitable employees for the team working in the home including effective inductions and ensuring the training needs for all the team are identified and met. To support young people with their personal financial arrangements, maintaining confidentiality of all information, and that any financial transactions are recorded and treated with the utmost honesty.
- To support the RM with prospective/potential young people for the home including; providing relevant information and guided tours, welcoming new young people, completing appropriate records and paperwork and ensuring adequate arrangements are made for every resident.
- Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of the young people, and to regularly stay updated in relation to any changes within safeguarding legislation and policies.
- To organise and attend all appropriate staff team and partnership/interagency meetings and dissemination of information as required.
- Ensure all staff are appropriately trained and aware of intervention strategies relevant to young people in Area Camden’s care
- To ensure that the standards expected in the delivery of care are upheld and in keeping with Area Camden’s Statement of Purpose
Essential skills required:
- Residential childcare experience (5 years plus)
- Child Protection experience
- Leadership skills
- Staff supervision
- Well developed written and verbal communication
- Management of budgets and staff rotas
- Project management
- Enthusiastic disposition
- Committed to achieving the best outcomes for children
- Flexible in achieving objectives
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing personal development
- Be proactive and solution focused
- The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position.
Please note that on clicking “apply” you will receive a return email asking you to fill out our application form online, and it is a requirement for this to be completed before we can progress your application.