Supervising Social Worker
Supervising Social Worker
FOSTER CARE ASSOCIATES (THE FCA)
Role: Supervising Social Worker
Basic Salary: £28,000 - £38,000
Benefits: Company Car or £2,000 Car Allowance, 30 days' Annual Leave, rising to 35 day's with length of service, + Bank Holidays, Life Assurance, Employee Discount Scheme & Medical Cash Plan.
Office Location: Home Based/Luton (Please note that although this is a homebased role it is a community role so you will be required to travel to Luton, Hemel Hempstead, Bucks and Nottingham)
Set up by a former foster parent and former social worker in 1994, Foster Care Associates (FCA) is an established fostering agency which forms part of the Polaris Community - one of the UK’s largest leading communities of children’s service providers.
The business was born out of an enthusiasm for delivering fostering services to make a positive difference to the lives of looked after children. Our first office was in the Worcestershire countryside, and that’s still where our Head Office is today.
We’ve come a long way since those early days and, over the years, FCA has built a strong reputation for excellence, and now offers a wide range of services to children and families. But our purpose remains the same; ‘to make a positive and lasting difference for children, families and communities’, and it’s underpinned by a series of values designed to help us assist children and young people to reach their full potential.
Today, we’re one of the country’s largest and most experienced independent fostering agencies. But just because we’re large doesn’t mean we’re impersonal. At FCA we’re one big family, and we’re committed to supporting every single child and foster parent, every single minute of the day.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
This role will cover Luton, Hemel Hempstead, Bucks and Nottingham
- Support foster parents and their families to achieve outstanding outcomes for all children and young people in foster care.
- Support and monitor the continued suitability and competence of Foster parents ensuring they provide a safe, healthy, nurturing and learning environment for children/young people.
- Ensure that carers fully understand the fostering task, competencies to be achieved and the standards expected, including complaints and representation procedures as detailed in the FCA policies and procedures.
- Provide and record regular supervision to allocated foster parents in line with FCA’s Operational Standards.
- Work in partnership in a team parenting approach to help identify any needs within the foster family e.g. respite, activities, therapy, holidays, with all members of the child’s network, including contributing to all relevant meetings and any other tasks defined.
- Ensure each child and foster parent are fully compliant in respect of all key documentation.
- Attend meetings and/or provide reports for Commissioning Teams to address individual packages of care.
- Promote participation of children/young people in the development of the agency and in accessing resources and opportunities in their local community.
- Participate in an ‘out of hours’ support service on a rota basis
- Participate in day ‘duty system’ on a rota basis supporting referrals team
- Undertake occasional initial home visits and Form F Assessments.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- A Social Work qualification
- Professional registration with Social Work England or equivalent
- Proven ability to produce a high standard of report writing
- A comprehensive working knowledge of relevant legislation and child safeguarding procedures
- The willingness and ability to travel extensively (including occasional nights away)
- Confidence with transporting children and young people in sometimes stressful/difficult situations
- Full driving licence
For more information about this post please contact Kate Knight, Registered Manager on 07813 054 880.
To be considered, please apply and we will be in touch.
No agencies please.
Interviews at this time will be held virtually via Microsoft Teams, and all appointments managed pragmatically in line with individual and company needs.