Independent Reviewing Officer - Fostering
Independent Reviewing Officer - Fostering
INDEPENDENT REVIEWING OFFICER - FOSTERING
PAY RATES: £negotiable in line with market rates + mileage
COVERING LOCATION: Yorkshire, North East & North West
Rated as Outstanding in England and Excellent in Scotland; at Fostering People, quality is at the heart of everything we do.
With our therapeutic approach and outstanding support, we create local networks that build confidence and resilience of foster parents and the young people they look after.
Fostering People is developing rapidly and currently has foster carers in the, Yorkshire, North West England and North East of England. The majority of reviews are currently held on line via Microsoft Teams, however some face to face reviews take place at Head Office which is in West Bridgford, Nottingham. Alongside of this reviews of foster carers may be held in their locality as the agency develops across all regions. Therefore the role may increasingly involve travel.
The role will be shared with other self-employed foster carer reviewing officers (Independent) already working with us.
The post entails the planning, preparation and chairing of annual foster carer reviews. The completion of review reports for presentation to Fostering Peoples Independent Fostering Panel.
To co-ordinate and develop the reviewing service practice, policies and systems
Main duties and responsibilities
- To meet with the Quality Assurance Manager and draw up an agreed work plan detailing timescales etc.
- Have a clear understanding of and work within and adhere to the regulations and guidance regarding fostering in England.
- Understand the role the reviewing officer has in safeguarding children within fostering households
- To work within and adhere to Fostering Peoples Policies and procedures.
- To respect confidentiality and to comply with your duty of confidentiality to Fostering People.
- To prepare for Foster Carer reviews by reading the carer’s file prior to the review being held
- To co- ordinate the collation of reports from Supervising Social Workers, children’s Social Workers, Foster Carers and looked after children.
- To complete an audit of the foster parents CHARMS record
- To chair and minute Foster Carer annual reviews, ensuring that all information provided is shared and discussed. To highlight areas of good practice or commendations alongside areas of development for both the foster carer and the agency. Provide participants with a clear summary of the meeting, recommendations and action points.
- To confirm all checks including medical, DBS are within date. That all household insurances are up to date, M.O.T and car insurance is valid, Health & Safety and Safe Care Policies are current and implemented. Foster carers are fulfilling the Agency expectations in relation to recording and training and the Foster Care Agreement.
- To prepare a review report with clear recommendations and evidencing the reasoning behind the recommendations made. Meet and work within the Agency deadlines and timescales to ensure the efficient running of the service.
- Where necessary attend and present reports to the Independent Fostering panel or attend to provide clarity in relation to complex issues or disagreement.
- Where appropriate undertake investigation of complaints from our stakeholders
- Discuss the progress and commitment of foster carers in undertaking and completing requirements such as TDS standards.
- To prepare reports and overviews in relation to the review service as required by Senior Management
- To prepare and cooperate with internal audits and regulatory inspections by OFSTED
- Identify and undertake appropriate training as the opportunities arise
- Plan , prepare and facilitate training/workshops for staff , foster carers and panel members in relation to the review service, its systems and developments
- Undertake any other duties as required by the Fostering Manager or Company Director
To engender a culture of safe working practice to ensure Foster Cares compliance to its health and safety responsibilities, you are required to ensure that your own actions ensure your own safety and does not put other people at risk by reason of your own acts or omissions (Section 7 of the Health and Safety at Work Act).
- A fully registered and qualified Social Worker
- Extensive Senior Social Work experience within the Fostering sector (ideally at an IFA)
- Have a full driving licence and unrestricted access to your own vehicle
For an informal conversation about this position please contact Michael Mulvaney on 0115 945 5445.
To be considered for this post please submit an application and we will be in touch.
Due to the current lockdown restrictions the majority of interview at this time will be held virtually, and all appointments managed pragmatically in line with candidate and company needs.