Senior Social Worker
Senior Social Worker
POLARIS CHILDREN'S SERVICES
Senior Social Worker - Casual/As and When
Basic salary: £17 per hour + Mileage
Polaris Children’s Services are an established children’s services provider that delivers innovative and outcomes-based services, offering real value and building brighter futures for as many children, young people and families as possible.
For the past 5 years, Polaris have been delivering British Forces Social Work service (BFSWS) successfully for Overseas MOD contracts.
BFSWS deliver Statutory and non-statutory type services in line with UK Social Work practice to the rest of the world: Europe, Kenya, Canada, Belize, USA, Saudi Arabia & South Atlantic Islands. Our Social Work footprint is wherever military personnel and families are based.
We are looking for an experienced and qualified Social Worker to join us on a Casual basis to pick up work as and when the service requires it.
Requirements for Social Worker
- CQSW/Dip SW/ Degree in Social Work or equivalent
- Experience of complex Children and family assessment and case management
- Experience of risk assessment and safety planning
- Experience of direct work with children, young people or Adults at risk
- Full valid driving license
- Registration with Social Work England or equivalent body with significant Social Work experience
Responsibilities for Social Worker
- To practice in line with the Professional Standards for Social Work England
- To demonstrate expert and effective practice in complex situations, assessing and managing higher levels of risk, striking a balance between support and control, liaising with a wide range of professionals, including MOD personnel and all partner agencies based in the UK and Overseas.
- To manage complex caseloads, Child Protection, Child in Need and Early Help and offer expert opinion and consultation within the organisation and to others.
- To deliver a duty service at initial contact with the service – including consultation, provision of advice & guidance and sign posting.
- Chair and/or coordinate a range of meetings. Such as Child in Need/Core Group meetings. To provide expert assessment and planning reports to child protection conferences and adult safeguarding meetings.
- To provide subject matter expert advice to the MOD chain of command.
- Undertake peer audit and case review and contribute to service planning and review
- As part of the team, to willingly partake in the Out of Hours duty rota service when needed
Benefits for Social Worker
- Flexible hours
- Be part of a small integrated team providing Global Service delivery offering options to travel overseas
- Excellent rate of pay
- Mileage payments
- Manageable case loads
- Opportunity to actively contribute and develop Social Work practice and Policy & Procedures
- Monthly supervision and regular management oversight of cases
For an informal discussion about this post please contact Janice Danson on (00 357) 2596 2289 or (00 357) 99 288 132.
To be considered, please submit an application and someone will be in touch to discuss.
Due to the current lockdown restrictions, all interviews at this time will be held virtually via Microsoft Teams, and all appointments managed pragmatically in line with individual and company needs.