Waking Night Support Worker
Waking Night Support Worker
WAKING NIGHT SUPPORT WORKER VACANCIES
Full Time/Permanent - 42 hours per week
£22,932 per annum
The Area Camden group aims to provide the highest levels of care and service to enable young people to achieve their goals. We do this by ensuring our staff are recruited, vetted and trained against a strict framework with emphasis placed on the quality and continuity of our care workers to provide a stable and secure environment for all young people at night.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. We are dedicated to working flexibly and imaginatively with all other professionals and families to ensure the best interests of every young person in our care are consistently served.
As a Waking Night Support Worker you will be joining a team offering a comprehensive residential service to children and young people, the aim being to ensure the physical, social and emotional care and development of the children and young people in our establishments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To maintain the development of positive childcare practice in keeping with the aims and objectives of Area Camden. As a Waking Night Support Worker you are required to be awake during the duration of your working shift.
- To provide a safe, warm and supportive environment for the young resident.
- To ensure the safety and welfare of each young person for the duration of the wake night shift.
- To Monitor the CCTV – when all young people are settled – record and log details from the CCTV footage as a true account.
- Security of the home – walking the common areas of the home periodically as well as front/rear gardens to ensure the young people are safe and settled. Ensuring all doors and windows are secure
- Answering phone calls professionally, taking messages and responding to requests and questions.
- To carry out duties in line with Area Camden group policies procedures and equal opportunities.
- To comply with company rules, policies and practices of the establishment and to respond to emergencies which may arise within the establishment.
- To foster and encourage, whenever appropriate contact between residents and their families.
- To develop a responsible attitude with residents with regard to the fabric, furnishings, equipment, supplies and services in/or to the establishment and to support them in all domestic aspects of both their own personal space and communal areas of the establishment.
- To be a member of a team of residential childcare workers and be involved in the planning and organisation of the placement which is the total living environment for each young person living within the home
- To provide a positive working role model for other colleagues and the young people resident.
All staff are expected to demonstrate a commitment to the vision, aims and core principles of Area Camden and be prepared to contribute towards these aims within their staff team. The above is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities, and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of the company.
Essential skills required:
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Be able to work independently to Registered Manager’s direction
- Be able to maintain Area Camden’s policies and procedures
- Can communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Be able to work effectively with a range of other professionals (teachers, social workers, therapists etc)
- Have the ability to engage and listen to children
- Must be able to demonstrate creativity with children through activities
- Be organised and able to plan and prepare work
- Be adaptable and able to work in different areas of the Community as required
- Be able to be supportive of children who have experienced severe trauma and disruption in their lives and provide safe care
- Have previous experience of working with children/similar environment
- Hold Level 3 in Children & Young People or equivalent/and or Social Work Qualification
- The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position.
Please note that on clicking “apply” you will receive a return email asking you to fill out our application form online, and it is a requirement for this to be completed before we can progress your application.