Residential Child Care Worker
Residential Child Care Worker
Residential Child Care Worker Vacancies
Here at Dove Adolescent Services we support young people within our care to develop emotional resilience to achieve their full potential in all areas of their lives. The underpinning ethos within our homes is of fostering appropriate relationships with young people and their significant others, to support them within their future transitions into adulthood.
We are currently looking for Residential Child Care Workers to join our growing team. You will be located in one of our residential homes within the Barnsley or Wakefield areas, and full training is available to you so no prior experience is necessary.
Starting Salary £23,108.71 to £23,469.48
(based on a 39 hour contract, which will include 10 sleep in shifts per month)
- Complete key domestic duties on a day-to-day basis that ensure a homely environment is maintained
- Encourage the development of individual interests and attitudes by planning, organising and participating in activities
- To promote, safeguard and protect the welfare of each young person in accordance with Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018. To assess individual needs and contribute to care and risk plans.
- Establish and maintain positive and trusting relationships with the young people
- Manage behaviour positively and assertively by working in line with specified care and risk management plans
- Consult with young people to promote the development of a healthy lifestyle
- Motivate and assist young people in developing and sustaining positive networks with adults and peer groups, including families
- Participate in the development, implementation and review of packages of care through team meetings, supervisions
- Attend, and where necessary advocate for the Young Person, in child care reviews
All applicants must have:
- Understanding and commitment to the role, which is is 24/7, including weekends and bank holidays. Undertake sleep-in duties as part of flexible rota.
- Experience of supporting young people who may be vulnerable is desired but not essential
- Be capable of working on their own initiative to a high level of accuracy, maintain clear, neat records
- Have good inter-personal skills, and be a positive team player
- Computer experience to an intermediate level
- The ability to complete daily records to meet statutory and policy requirements.
- Empathetic nature
- Have good oral and written communication skills in a variety of contexts
- The ability to engage, motivate and encourage young people
- A desire to learn , as a comprehensive training package is required which includes the completion and ability to achieve a childcare Diploma level 3 within 2yrs of employment as this is a requirement in line with the Childrens Homes Regulations
- Successful applicants will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position.
We are an IIP Gold Awarded Company and invest heavily within the continued professional development of our employees
- 20,30 hour Part Time or 39 hour Full Time contracts available
- Starting salary £23,108.71 to £23,469.48 based on a 39 hour contract, which will include 10 sleep in shifts per month
- Pay increase after successful probation period
- Performance linked benefits and bonus.
- Additional pay for Bank Holidays
- Short notice sickness cover bonus £30
- Sleep in allowance of £45 per night, Average sleeps ins 8-10 per month on a full time contract
- Accredited qualification – Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare
- Free meals whilst on shift
- Flexible working schedule
- Annual leave loyalty scheme
- Annual bonus reward to recognise loyalty and commitment
- Company contributory pension scheme offered after qualifying period
- Holidays: 20 days plus Bank Holidays. Holidays rising to 25 days with continuous employment of 5 years
- Child care scheme available
It is a requirement that you are over the age of 21 in line with legislative frameworks that govern our service. (This is an exempt vacancy under the Employment Equality Act 2010 and Age regulations Act 2006.)
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
Dove Adolescent Services Ltd established 1993 provides residential care for young people. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position.We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification. Please note, we do not work with recruitment agencies.