Trainer - Learning & Development
Trainer - Learning & Development
TRAINER - LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
Basic Salary: £25,000
Benefits: Company Car or £2,000 Car Allowance, 30 days' Annual Leave (rising to 35 days' with length of service) + Bank Holidays, Company Pension, Life Assurance x2, Employee Discount Scheme & Medical Cash Plan
Base Location: Bromsgrove/Flexible
Covering Location: UK-wide
We are Polaris, one of the UK’s largest leading communities of children’s service providers.
Within the community, we have independent fostering and adoption agencies who have been passionately improving the lives of young people for over 30 years, as well as Leaving Care services, Education and bespoke children’s services contracts. Our nurturing community works collectively to support the very best outcomes for each and every child in our care. We’re ambitious for our children and young people, families and staff, and believe in their futures.
At Polaris we have one ambition across our community – to transform the future of children and children’s services. We are seeking a talented learning and development professional to provide engaging and interesting classroom and online learning experiences to our leaders, professionals, staff and foster parents.
You will need to be passionate and committed to ensuring that children and young people experience high quality care and education. You will help to equip our workforce and fostering households with the knowledge and skills they need to make an incredibly positive difference to the lives of children and young people.
You may be experienced in the social care, education or healthcare field with a keen interest and ability to provide learning and development experiences or you may be an experienced learning and development professional in an unrelated field.
We offer a dynamic and supportive working environment with a package of staff benefits and professional development opportunities. If you have a passion for developing and inspiring others then we would really like to hear from you.
- Ability to design, create and deliver high quality learning and development resources and experiences
- Experience of delivering learning experiences in 1:1, classroom and/or online settings
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of the regulatory and legislative context of social care and educational services
- Professional Qualification to Level 5 or above is desirable
- Ability and willingness to travel as required and work flexibly in line with the needs of the organisation.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external partners to deliver specialist content that meets the needs of the community including leaders, staff and foster parents
- Research and apply learning theories, legislation, policy and best practice principles to design and develop innovative learning and development experiences.
- To develop and produce high quality learning resources for use within the virtual learning environment, to support classroom and blended learning courses.
- To deliver engaging and inspiring learning and development experiences, tailored appropriately to a variety of audiences.
- Ongoing evaluation of the effectiveness of learning and development experiences and initiatives.
- Contribute and engage in strategic development and continuous improvement of the Learning and Development service.
For an informal discussion about this vacancy please contact Nicola Thomas on 07587 666 740.
If you would like to be considered, please submit an application and we will be in touch.
Due to the current lockdown all interviews at this time will be held virtually with all appointments managed pragmatically in line with individual and company needs.