Adoption Social Work Team Manager
Adoption Social Work Team Manager
ADOPTERS FOR ADOPTION
Adoption Social Work - Team Manager
Part-time - 21 hours/3 days per week
Basic Salary: £40,000 pro rata
Benefits: 30 days’ Annual Leave (rising to 35 days’ with length of service) + Bank Holidays, Company Pension, Life Assurance x2, Employee Discount Scheme & Free Parking (all benefits to be pro-rata'd)
Location: Flexible - can be based from our regional office in Bromsgrove or at Home
Adopters for Adoption is a national UK adoption agency, based in Worcestershire. The agency was set up to not only provide adoption services to those looking to become adoptive parents of a baby or child, but to also have a positive impact on the way those people are supported in the adoption process.
Adopters for Adoption are recruiting and an exciting opportunity has arisen for an Adoption Social Work - Team Manager to join our established team supporting the Adoption service across the UK.
- Oversee and manage the recruitment, assessment and approval of prospective adopters who can meet the needs of those children for whom adoption is the plan
- Working with both internal staff and Independent Social Workers to ensure that all prospective adopters are thoroughly prepared, rigorously assessed and approved to become adoptive parents in a sensitive and empowering manner
- Oversee and manage all family finding activities
- Ensure that all adopters receive the best possible support pre and post order
- Introduce robust performance management to ensure compliance with regulations, standards and company policy
- Maintain an overview of national policy and guidance, and assist the Service in developing and implementing its response, as well as developing operational policies and procedures to support the development of services
- Ensure all independent adoption social workers deliver their required tasks to the highest standards and without unnecessary delay
- Performance manage the agency social workers and help to address individual and team learning and development needs effectively and efficiently
- Ensure that key performance data is accurately captured and analysed in a timely fashion to inform performance and quality management systems, continuous improvement and innovation
- Assist the Head of Service in preparing for external inspections, external audits and reviews which may include the preparation of reports and documents, supporting and advising staff and assisting the external auditors and inspectors with their schedule during their visit
- Provide management cover in the absence of the Head of Service
- Qualified and Registered Social Worker
- Experience of working with children & adoption
- A proven ability to produce a high standard of report writing and high level of skills in written and oral presentation of information (including data analysis using IT such as Excel or similar)
- Experience of assessment of Adopters
- Ability to work flexibly against changing priorities and demands
- A sound knowledge of Safeguarding procedures
This is a part time (21 hours), permanent position with a salary of up to £40,000 pro rata + excellent benefits.
If you think this sounds like your perfect role, we would love to hear from you!
For an informal conversation about this vacancy please contact Sally Heaven-Richards on 07813 054 934.
Due to the current lockdown restrictions all interviews for this post at this time will be held virtually via Microsoft Teams, and all appointments managed pragmatically in line with individual and company needs.