Supervising Social Worker - Fostering
Supervising Social Worker - Fostering
FOSTER CARE ASSOCIATES (THE FCA)
Supervising Social Worker - Full-Time
Basic Salary: £27,500-38,000
Benefits: Company Car or £2,000 Car Allowance, 30 days' Annual Leave (rising to 35 days' with length of service) + Bank Holidays, Company Pension, Life Assurance x2 & Employee Discount Scheme
Foster Care Associates (FCA) Scotland took on its first foster child in 2002. Today, we’re supporting over 100 children and young people in communities across the country. With almost 20 years’ experience, we’re an established fostering specialist.
Along with our sister organisation Foster Care Associates, we’re one of the UK’s largest and best respected fostering organisations, which means we’re able to offer exceptional resources, support and expertise to help change the experiences and life chances of children and young people.
We have a dedicated focus on supporting foster children and foster parents in Scotland. Our statement of purpose is ‘to make a positive and lasting difference to the lives of children and young people’, and over the last 20 years or so we’ve helped hundreds of children and young people take steps to a better future.
This is an excellent opportunity to further develop skills within fostering and be part of a highly supportive environment where the focus is on delivering high quality support to carers and working together to make a positive and lasting difference to children and young people.
If you are a committed social worker with excellent organisational skills, are able to meet deadlines, have outstanding communications skills and the ability to analyse situations accurately, as well as a passion for fostering then this could be the ideal role for you.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Support foster parents and their families to achieve outstanding outcomes for all children and young people in foster care.
- Support and monitor the continued suitability and competence of Foster parents ensuring they provide a safe, healthy, nurturing and learning environment for children/young people.
- Ensure that carers fully understand the fostering task, competencies to be achieved and the standards expected, including complaints and representation procedures as detailed in the FCA Scotland policies and procedures.
- Provide and record regular supervision to allocated foster parents in line with FCA Scotland's Operational Standards.
- Work in partnership in a team parenting approach to help identify any needs within the foster family e.g. respite, activities, therapy, holidays, with all members of the child’s network, including contributing to all relevant meetings and any other tasks defined.
- Ensure each child and foster parent are fully compliant in respect of all key documentation.
- Attend meetings and/or provide reports for Commissioning Teams to address individual packages of care.
- Promote participation of children/young people in the development of the agency and in accessing resources and opportunities in their local community.
- Participate in an ‘out of hours’ support service on a rota basis
- Undertake occasional initial home visits and Form F Assessments.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- A Social Work qualification
- Professional registration with the HCPC/equivalent
- Proven ability to produce a high standard of report writing
- A comprehensive working knowledge of relevant legislation and child safeguarding procedures
- The willingness and ability to travel extensively (including occasional nights away)
- Confidence with transporting children and young people in sometimes stressful/difficult situations
- Full driving licence
For an informal discussion about this post please contact Amanda Lindsay on 07813 054 650.
If you would like to be considered please do make an application today.
Due to the current lockdown situation all interviews at this time will be held virtually and all appointments will be managed pragmatically in line with individual and company needs.