Part-Time HR Administrator - 12 month contract
PART-TIME HR ADMINISTRATOR - 30 hours per week
12 month fixed term contract
Basic salary: £17,000-18,000 pro-rata
Benefits: 30 days' Annual Leave (rising to 35 days' with length of service) + Bank Holidays, Company Pension, Life Assurance x2, Employee Discount Scheme & Free Parking (all benefits to be pro-rata'd)
Location: Bromsgrove, Worcestershire
We are Polaris, one of the UK’s largest leading communities of children’s service providers.
Within the community, we have independent fostering and adoption agencies who have been passionately improving the lives of young people for over 30 years, as well as Leaving Care services, Education and bespoke children’s services contracts. Our nurturing community works collectively to support the very best outcomes for each and every child in our care. We’re ambitious for our children and young people, families and staff, and believe in their futures.
We are currently looking for a HR Administrator with previous Administration experience and a passion for HR.
This role will be an integral part of an established but developing HR function and will provide an exciting and challenging role for someone who wants to join a fantastic team in fast moving, progressive organisation.
The successful candidate will work 30 hours per week on a 12 month contract. We can offer a flexible work pattern to suit the right person.
- To provide full administrative support for all areas of the HR function.
- Maintain the HR Database and any other Company IT Systems/internal recording
- Respond to inbound telephone calls and manage HR central email accounts
- Ensure security and strict confidentiality of all records and work undertaken
- Process all employee documentation as required through the employee lifecycle including, recruitment, pre-employment checks, performance reviews and leaving processes.
- Ensure the HR Database and other company/internal systems are updated with any employment changes, and payroll are notified.
- Communicate effectively to all customers, internal and external to the Group
- Plan and prioritise workload to ensure Service Level Agreements are met.
Essential skills and experience:
- Strong administration skills
- Ability to manage change and conflicting priorities effectively
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage own workload and work independently
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience working with the full Microsoft Office suite
- Good organisational skills
- A genuine interest in developing a career in HR
The following attributes are desirable but not essential:
- Previous experience of working within a HR department
- CIPD Level 3 qualification or working towards
- Ideally a car owner and driver as the office is not easily accessible by public transport
If you think this sounds like your perfect role, we would love to hear from you!
For an informal conversation about this vacancy please contact Emma Stanford on 07423 527 367.
Please note that due to current COVID restrictions the majority of staff are currently working from home. With this in mind, until lockdown ends, all interviews will be held virtually and we will manage all offers and appointments pragmatically in line with individual and company needs.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if required.