Quality Assurance & Safeguarding Manager and Panel Advisor - Fostering
ORANGE GROVE FOSTERCARE
QUALITY ASSURANCE & SAFEGUARDING MANAGER AND PANEL ADVISOR - 12 month fixed-term contract
Basic Salary: Up to £43,000
Benefits: £3,000 Car Allowance, 30 days Annual Leave (rising to 35 days with length of service) + Bank Holidays, Company Pension, Life Assurance x2 & Employee Discount Scheme
Base Location: Home or Office Based
Covering Location: Nationwide when required
Orange Grove was founded in 1996 by two social workers who understood that strong relationships held the key to successful fostering. As with all families, relationships matter. They provide a stable platform for growth, which is why we commit time, effort and resources into nurturing them constantly.
We do this for the children in our care by getting to know them and providing a safe and positive family environment. We do it for our foster parents by treating them individually and tailoring our support to their needs. And we take care to build strong and positive relationships with local authorities and our other partners, so we can all work effectively together.
Orange Grove Fostercare require a Quality Assurance & Safeguarding Manager and Panel Advisor to join their management team to provide a flexible, effective and strategically planned Quality Assurance and Safeguarding service in line with statutory and agency requirements and our vision and values.
You will be an integral member of the management team striving for best outcomes for children and outstanding inspection results and have the opportunity to contribute to innovative practice.
You will be a member of a collaborative team with good peer support from colleagues. You will also be provided with a good induction and regular management supervision.
This post can be home based but will require some travel to our regional offices as and when needed.
- Provide a flexible, effective and strategically planned Quality Assurance and Safeguarding service in line with statutory and agency requirements and the Vision and Values.
- Audit, monitor and review Schedule 7 events, Panel recruitment and management, risk assessments, personnel files and investigations.
- Ensure policies and procedures relating to all aspects of social care provision are reviewed and updated.
- Provide advice and guidance to Fostering Service staff on all aspects of Regulatory compliance and safeguarding matters
- Ensure that service provision is compliant with all relevant regulatory processes through timely research, advice and processes of internal audit and quality assurance activity.
- Undertake specific project work as may be directed by Senior Managers.
- Hold a Social Work qualification and current registration with one of the UK’s Social Care Councils or equivalent body
- To be able to evidence an understanding and practical application of the use of IT and electronic communications, including the use of Microsoft Office and the ability to produce and analyse reports
- Experience of working with Foster Parents and young people in the capacity of a Social Worker
- A comprehensive knowledge of safeguarding procedures and best practice, Panel process and Quality Assurance framework
- Strong understanding of the Fostering Services National Minimum Standards and Fostering Services Regulations.
- An understanding of the role of independent children’s social care in the mixed economy of service provision
- Ability to communicate at all levels, negotiate, mediate and build effective relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
Due to lockdown all interviews at this time will be conducted virtually and all appointments managed pragmatically in line with individual and company needs.
For an informal discussion about this position, please contact Heather Sheridan on 07900 680 494.
Orange Grove Fostercare are an Equal Opportunities employer. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position, the cost will be met by Orange Grove Fostercare. We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification.
No agencies please.