Participation Officer (Children & Families - Fostering)
FOSTER CARE ASSOCIATES (THE FCA)
Full-Time Participation Officer (Children & Families - Fostering)
Base Location: Sheffield
Covering Location: South Yorkshire and surrounding areas
Basic Salary: Up to £23,000
Benefits: 30 days’ Annual Leave (rising to 35 with length of service) + Bank Holidays, Company Pension, Life Assurance x2, Employee Discount Scheme & Enhanced Mileage
Set up by a former foster parent and former social worker in 1994, Foster Care Associates (FCA) is an established fostering agency which forms part of the Polaris Community - one of the UK’s largest leading communities of children’s service providers.
Today, we’re one of the country’s largest and most experienced independent fostering agencies. But just because we’re large doesn’t mean we’re impersonal. At FCA we’re one big family, and we’re committed to supporting every single child and foster parent, every single minute of the day.
- Arranging activities and workshops for our ‘Looked After’ and birth children
- Planning family events and days out
- Forge close and productive working relationships with colleagues, Foster Carers, external professionals and multi-agency networks
- Attendance at meetings with Professionals from Education, Health and Social Services sectors to support our Children and Young People’s care plans
- Assessment, review and report writing, and maintaining clear records
- Be aware of, and take responsibility for staying up to date with professional practice standards, legislation and company policy including confidentiality, GDPR, safeguarding, equality, diversity and inclusion
- Provide support and guidance to our families and help promote the stability of foster placements
- Have significant professional childcare experience, with priority given to candidates who have some Fostering of Fostering sector experience or else can demonstrate significant Fostering knowledge and interest
- Ideally possess a relevant qualification or evidence of formal training in childcare, childhood studies, education, social work, youth work, community work and/or psychology
- Can demonstrate previous experience of building rapport with adults and children with an array of different needs and expectations
- Able to remain calm when under high levels of pressure, emotionally traumatic situations and when dealing with difficult or confrontational behaviour
- Intermediate IT skills to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and databases
- Have a full driving licence and unrestricted access to your own vehicle
- Be willing to undertake an Enhanced DBS check (cost will be met by Foster Care Associates)
For an informal discussion, please contact Tim Clayton on 07970 081 382.
To be considered for this post please hit apply and you will be redirected to our application page.
In light of the COVID epidemic all interviews will be held virtually wherever possible and all appointments managed pragmatically in line with individual and company needs.