Supervising Social Worker - Part Time
FOSTER CARE ASSOCIATES (THE FCA)
PART-TIME SUPERVISING SOCIAL WORKER - 3 days/21 hours per week
Basic Salary: Up to £31,000 pro-rata
Benefits: Company Car or £2,000 Car Allowance, 30 days Annual Leave (rising to 35 days with length of service) + Bank Holidays, Company Pension, Life Assurance x2 & Employee Discount Scheme (all benefits to be pro-rata'd)
Base Location: Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Set up by a former foster parent and former social worker in 1994, Foster Care Associates (FCA) is an established fostering agency which forms part of the Polaris Community - one of the UK’s largest leading communities of children’s service providers.
Today, we’re one of the country’s largest and most experienced independent fostering agencies. But just because we’re large doesn’t mean we’re impersonal. At FCA we are one big family, and we’re committed to supporting every single child and foster parent, every single minute of the day.
This is an excellent opportunity to further develop skills within fostering and be part of a highly supportive environment where the focus is on delivering high quality support to carers and working together to make a positive and last difference to children and young people
If you are a knowledgeable social worker with excellent organisational skills, are able to meet deadlines, have excellent communications skills and the ability to analyse situations accurately as well as a passion for fostering then this is the ideal role for you.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Support foster carers and their families to achieve outstanding outcomes for all children and young people in foster care.
- Support and monitor the continued suitability and competence of Foster Carers ensuring they provide a safe, healthy, nurturing and learning environment for children/young people.
- Work in partnership in a team parenting approach to help identify any needs within the foster family e.g. respite, activities or therapy.
- Ensure each child and foster carer are fully compliant in respect of all key documentation.
- Participate in an ‘out of hours’ support service on a rota basis (approximately 20-30 days per annum).
- Undertake occasional initial home visits and Form F Assessments.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- A Social Work qualification
- Professional registration with Social Work England or equivalent
- A comprehensive working knowledge of relevant legislation and child safeguarding procedures
- Full driving licence
This is a part-time, permanent position and comes with a highly attractive salary up to £31,000 pro-rata dependent upon experience + car or car allowance + excellent benefits to include generous holiday allowance starting at 30 days and rising to 35 days pro-rata in line with service plus bank holidays, and contributory pension scheme. We always look to develop our employee’s full potential so there is plenty of scope to further your career with us too.
Foster Care Associates is committed to equality in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunities employer. We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position.