Development Team Leader
Role: Team Leader (Full-Time)
Area: Leicestershire /UK WIDE
Salary: Opportunity to earn up to £26,592 You will be contracted to 40 hours per week £24k basic, and in addition you would be expected to work 1 sleep-in night per week, making your annual earnings £26,592. Additional overtime is also regularly available
- Company car
- 28 Days Annual Leave and rising to 33 Days’ per year (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Accredited Online Training
- Employee Discount Scheme & Pension Scheme
- Opportunity to enrol on NVQ Health & Social Care Qualifications L3-5
LCS is are a leading provider of semi-independent accommodation and support for young people leaving care. Our aim is to support young people towards living independently and to achieve their dreams and aspirations. We provide young people with high quality accommodation and support them to live safely. We support young people aged 16 and over, a number of whom have complex needs including dealing with experiences of trauma and/or loss.
You will join our management team and work responsible for the day-to-day running of the service. The primary tasks will include supervising a team of support workers as well as undertake some direct support work yourself. You will be given excellent support and coaching from one our experienced Operations Managers, including regular supervision and formal training opportunities.
MAIN DUTIES :
- To provide keywork to a number of young people, so that they achieve their aspirations and are supported to become independent
- To support the growth of the Midlands Hub, and other developments throughout the UK
- To provide management including regular individual and group supervisions to the support work team
- To write, assess and review the quality of support plans and risk assessments
- To represent the service positively to a variety of young people, their families and partner agencies
- To contribute to our Out of Hours Duty Rota
- 1 sleep-in per week
ESSENTIAL SKILLS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Have or willing to work towards one of the following: Residential Childcare/Families Practitioner Diploma/Children and Young People’s Workforce/NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care or equivalent
- Experience of working with young people affected by experiences of trauma and loss
- Experience of working with challenging behaviour and or mental health issues
- Knowledge of staff management
- Supervisory and Management experience in a residential setting
- Be able to work well under pressure and to time limited deadlines
- Have good skills in building relationships and keeping young people at the centre of service thinking and planning
- Full driving licence is required
Due to recent COVID-19 developments please note that all interviews at this time will be arranged virtually using Microsoft TEAMS. All visits/meetings are currently being kept to a minimum, and any that do take place follow government guidance in relation to social distancing and infection control.
Please note that on clicking “apply” you will receive a return email asking you to fill out our application form online, and it is a requirement for this to be completed before we can progress your application.