ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT MAKING A POSITIVE AND LASTING DIFFERENCE TO CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE?
LCS are looking for committed and enthusiastic Support Workers to work full time 35 hours plus 2 sleep ins per week with the opportunity to work additional hours. You will be working on a rota basis which may include evening and weekends. Flexibility in your availability is a must.
Location – Kirklees/Leeds
Our vision is to make a positive and lasting difference to young people who have been in care and are moving towards independence. We provide young people with accommodation/housing, as well as support them to move towards independent living and educational achievements.
As a Support Worker your role involves engaging, motivating and encouraging young people placed in their individual flat or shared house.
Young people supported by LCS are vulnerable and you are responsible for ensuring that the home in which you are working provides a safe, welcoming and healthy environment for the young person living there.
Due to recent COVID-19 developments please note that all interviews at this time will be arranged by Office Teams and all successful appointments will be managed pragmatically in line with business and individual needs.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Offer practical support and guidance to young people in line with their individual care plan to enable them to develop skills needed to live independently and to achieve in their education
- Maintain positive working relationships with young people, staff and professionals by communicating effectively at all times.
- Support a young person in Education, Employment and Training, who is working towards an accredited learning qualification, by evidencing work completed and submitting this to the relevant instructor.
- Maintain appropriate links in the community – e.g. educational provisions, sport centre, youth clubs.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE:
- Ideally have experience of supporting young people who may be vulnerable.
- Flexibility in their availability as the roles involve shift work – 2 sleep-in nights per week, evenings and weekends
- Hold Residential Childcare/Families Practitioner Diploma/Children and Young People's Workforce/NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care or equivalent
- Experience of working with attachment and trauma
- Experience of working with challenging behaviour and or mental health issues
- Have an understanding of the issues that face young people in care
- Be willing to travel so a full driving licence and access to a vehicle is preferred, although there are good public transport links in the area
- Computer experience to an intermediate level
WHAT WE OFFER:
- On-the-Job Accredited Training
- FREE accredited distance learning courses
- Opportunity to enrol on NVQ Health & Social care qualifications after a qualifying period
- Regular Supervisions
- Pension scheme
- 28 days’ Annual Leave/Bank Holidays
LCS is an Equal Opportunities employer. We have also been awarded Double Tick status by the Jobcentre plus. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position. We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification. Please note, we do not work with recruitment agencies.
Please also note that on clicking “apply” you will receive a return email asking you to fill out our application form online, and it is a requirement for this to be completed before we can progress your application.