Registered Manager - Fostering
Full-Time Registered Manager
Base Location: Chislehurst
Covering Location: London & Essex
Basic Salary: £55,000 OTE
Benefits: £3,000 Car Allowance, 30 days Annual Leave (rising to 35 days with length of service) + Bank Holidays, Company Pension, Life Assurance x2 & Employee Discount Scheme
Orange Grove (part of the Polaris Community) strives to provide essential childhood foundations with the help and commitment of our foster carers to over 400 vulnerable children and young people. Together, we open up opportunities for them, to learn and to achieve, improving their chances for educational attainment, stability, happiness and health.
We are currently looking to recruit a Registered Manager to provide day-to-day operational management and continue to expand and develop our Registration in London and Essex.
- Undertake the role of the Ofsted Registered Manager and ensure compliance with legislation, regulations, standards and fostering best practice
- Comprehensively manage the fostering service to safeguard and promote the welfare of our children and young people
- Management and facilitation of initial visits and Form F Assessments
- Full personnel management including staff induction, management, recruitment, training, disciplinary, and performance
- Contribute to Orange Grove’s business strategy including marketing, setting recruitment and placement targets, and financials
- Develop and maintain close and effective relationships with relevant Local Authorities and support services
- Represent Orange Grove at CORAM/BAAF, Fostering Network and IFA forums when required
- Have a Social Work qualification and registered Social Worker status (via Social Work England or equivalent)
- Demonstrate tangible management experience, ideally with a qualification to support
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant Fostering legislation and regulations
- Experienced commercially with an understanding of budget management, profit and loss, and appropriate reporting
- Prepared to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the company
- Have a full driving licence and unrestricted access to your own vehicle
- Be willing to undertake an Enhanced DBS check (cost will be met by Orange Grove)
For an informal discussion, please contact Abi Sherlock on 07900 917 853.
To be considered for this post please hit apply and you will be redirected to our application page.
No agencies please. Speculative CV's will be passed to one of our approved suppliers.
Due to the ongoing COVID situation interviews at this time will be held virtually where possible and all appointments managed pragmatically in line with individual and company needs.