Quality Assurance & Safeguarding Manager - Fostering
FOSTER CARE ASSOCIATES (THE FCA)
QUALITY ASSURANCE & SAFEGUARDING MANAGER
Basic Salary: Up to £45,000
Benefits: Company Car or £2,000 Car Allowance, 30 days Annual Leave (rising to 35 days with length of service) + Bank Holidays, Company Pension, Life Assurance x2 & Employee Discount Scheme
Base Location: Home or Office Based
Covering Location: Thames Valley, South East & Eastern regions
Set up by a former foster parent and former social worker in 1994, Foster Care Associates (FCA) is an established fostering agency which forms part of the Polaris Community - one of the UK’s largest leading communities of children’s service providers.
Today, we’re one of the country’s largest and most experienced independent fostering agencies. But just because we’re large doesn’t mean we’re impersonal. At FCA we’re one big family, and we’re committed to supporting every single child and foster parent, every single minute of the day.
Foster Care Associates require a Quality Assurance and Safeguarding Manager to join their management team to provide a flexible, effective and strategically planned Quality Assurance and Safeguarding service in line with statutory and agency requirements and our Vision and Values. You will be an integral member of the management team striving for best outcomes for children and outstanding inspection results and have the opportunity to contribute to innovative practice.
This post is home based but will require some travel to offices when the current Covid restrictions are lifted. You will be a member of a collaborative team with good peer support from colleagues. You will also be provided with good induction and regular line management supervision. We recognise the additional issues that have arisen for people during the pandemic and we adopt a flexible and supportive approach to this.
- Provide a flexible, effective and strategically planned Quality Assurance and Safeguarding service in line with statutory and agency requirements and the Vision and Values.
- Ensure policies and procedures relating to all aspects of social care provision are reviewed and updated.
- Provide advice and guidance to Fostering Service staff on all aspects of Regulatory compliance and safeguarding matters
- Ensure that service provision is compliant with all relevant regulatory processes through timely research, advice and processes of internal audit and quality assurance activity.
- Undertake specific project work as may be directed by the Head of QA & Safeguarding, Senior Managers or the Board.
- Hold a Social Work qualification and current registration with one of the UK’s Social Care Councils or equivalent body
- To be able to evidence an understanding and practical application of the use of IT and electronic communications, including the use of Microsoft Office
- Experience of working with Foster Parents and young people
- A comprehensive knowledge of all policies and procedures in relation to Safeguarding children
- An understanding of the role of independent children’s social care in the mixed economy of service provision
- Ability to communicate at all levels, negotiate, mediate and build effective relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
This is a full time, permanent contract with a salary up to £45,000 per annum dependent on skills/experience + company car/car allowance &excellent benefits which includes generous holiday allowance starting at 30 days rising to 35 days plus bank holidays and contributory pension scheme.
Interviews to be held via Microsoft Teams.
For an informal discussion about this position, please contact Ben McQuillan on 07918 146 380.
Foster Care Associates are an Equal Opportunities employer. We have also been awarded Disability Confident Employer status by the Jobcentre plus. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position, the cost will be met by Foster Care Associates. We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification.
No agencies please.