Polaris Children’s Services
Part Time (17.5 hours)/ Permanent contract
Base Location: Wirral
Covering Location: North West
Salary: Up to £28,000 pro rata
Benefits: 30 days' Annual Leave (rising to 35 days' with length of service) + Bank Holidays, Pension Scheme, Life Assurance & Employee Discount Scheme (all benefits to be pro-rata'd)
Polaris Children’s Services (PCS) are looking for a Therapist who can provide high quality therapeutic support to the clients of PCS in accordance with your training and accreditation and within the specific project or service aims.
Polaris Children’s Services deliver an integrated therapy support service within Wirral children’s social care and are seeking a knowledgeable practitioner with experience and skills to work within looked after children’s teams to support professional’s knowledge within the network and to deliver some time limited or targeted therapeutic work.
For this role a broad ability and knowledge of; characteristic psychological presentations of complex trauma, attachment and associated mental health concerns; the use of Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaires to inform practice with looked after children and to advise professionals about targeting emotional support informed by the use of outcome measures will be needed.
- To contribute to the maintenance of a strong local and UK wide therapy service where quality and clinical governance is key
- To work within the local integrated multidisciplinary team to develop and deliver commissioned services within the agreed approach and service agreements. This is likely to include professional consultation, group and / or individual therapeutic work with parents / carers / children
- To deliver and co-produce training program to social care staff as a part of their professional development on psychological presentations to inform Care planning for emotional wellbeing and targeted support from analysis of responses.
- To provide professional and practical advice and guidance via consultations to social care staff how to best understand and support the meeting of emotional health and wellbeing objectives of young people.
- To form and maintain co-operative relationships with external mental health, social care, voluntary and independent sector services for young people i.e. CAMHS; LCFC; COMPASS; NSPCC etc. To refer to these services when clinically appropriate and incorporate these professionals into the looked after children’s meetings. To intervene at all levels of the system as required to enable best outcomes for children and families
- To offer professional advice and support to colleagues within PCS to discuss issues that arise in work related matters
- To facilitate staff Monthly Practice Development Meetings to explore cases, share and develop good practice through a reflective model
- To facilitate clinical group discussions, which encourages self-assessment, analytical and reflective skills regarding case management
- Hold a caseload and provide families with a number of agreed therapeutic sessions as set out in the service agreement, to explore their individual needs and offer advice and support in accordance with your training
- To hold a recognised relevant therapy qualification or certificate in relevant therapeutic training
- Be registered and accredited or working towards accreditation with a recognised accrediting therapy body
- Receive ongoing clinical supervision
- Must possess a full driving licence
- Experience of working with vulnerable children and families
- A broad knowledge of the presentations, effects and interventions of developmental Trauma, Attachment and related mental health concerns commonly perceived to be experienced by looked after children.
- To have carried out professional assessments and articulated knowledge of how to analysis and communicate complex psychological concerns
- A preliminary knowledge of child protection procedures
- Effective collaboration with professionals in Health, Education and Social Services
Polaris Children’s Services is an Equal Opportunities employer. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position. We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification. Please note, we do not work with recruitment agencies.
For further information, please contact Myke Richardson-Hughes, Therapy Manager 07967 381 035.