Supervising Social Worker - Fostering
FOSTER CARE ASSOCIATES (THE FCA)
SUPERVISING SOCIAL WORKER
Basic Salary: Up to £32,000
Benefits: Company Car or £2,000 Car Allowance, 30 days Annual Leave (rising to 35 with length of service) + Bank Holidays, Company Pension, Life Assurance x2 & Employee Discount Scheme
Office Location: Leeds
Foster Care Associates (part of the Polaris Community) are looking for an enthusiastic and committed Supervising Social Worker to join their Ofsted rated 'outstanding' across all indicators Yorkshire & Lincolnshire region.
This role is based at our local office in Leeds.
Set up by a former foster parent and former social worker in 1994, Foster Care Associates (FCA) is an established fostering agency which forms part of the Polaris Community - one of the UK’s largest leading communities of children’s service providers.
Today, we’re one of the country’s largest and most experienced independent fostering agencies. But just because we’re large doesn’t mean we’re impersonal. At FCA we’re one big family, and we’re committed to supporting every single child and foster parent, every single minute of the day.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an excellent opportunity to further develop skills within fostering and be part of a highly supportive environment where the focus is on delivering high quality support to carers and working together to make a positive and lasting difference to children and young people.
If you are a knowledgeable social worker with excellent organisational skills, are able to meet deadlines, have excellent communications skills and the ability to analyse situations accurately as well as a passion for fostering then this is the ideal role for you.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Support foster carers and their families to achieve outstanding outcomes for all children and young people in foster care.
- Support and monitor the continued suitability and competence of Foster Carers ensuring they provide a safe, healthy, nurturing and learning environment for children/young people.
- Work in partnership in a team parenting approach to help identify any needs within the foster family e.g. respite, activities or therapy.
- Ensure each child and foster carer are fully compliant in respect of all key documentation.
- Participate in an ‘out of hours’ support service on a rota basis (approximately 20-30 days per annum).
- Undertake occasional initial home visits and Form F Assessments.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- A Social Work qualification
- Professional registration with the HCPC/equivalent
- A comprehensive working knowledge of relevant legislation and child safeguarding procedures
- Full driving licence
This is a full time, permanent position and comes with an attractive salary of up to £32,000 per annum dependent on experience + car or car allowance + excellent benefits to include generous holiday allowance starting at 30 days and rising to 35 days per annum in line with service plus bank holidays, and contributory pension scheme. We always look to develop our employee’s full potential so there is plenty of scope to further your career with us too.
Foster Care Associates is committed to equality in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunities employer. We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position, costs will be met by the FCA.