Speech & Language Therapist
INTEGRATED SERVICES PROGRAMME (ISP) SCHOOL
SPEECH & LANGUAGE THERAPIST
Permanent, Part-Time (3 days/21 hours per week – 08:30-16:30)
Basic Salary: £31,365-37,890 pro-rata
Benefits: Company Pension, Life Assurance & Employee Discount Scheme
Base Location: Teynham
Covering Area: Kent
We have over 30 years’ experience in training and developing therapeutic foster parents and making an extraordinary difference to the lives of children in care.
We are pioneers in therapeutic foster care, which is now widely used by many organisations. Providing a very clear and effective approach, it is a powerful and rewarding way of working that is able to bring life changing transformations for everyone involved.
We strive to help all of our pupils reach their potential and believe that they can achieve, be kind, make positive relationships, communicate well, and grow as individuals.
Our mission is to provide each pupil with a diverse and appropriate education in a safe, supportive environment that promotes self-discipline and engagement, inspires learning and encourages aspiration and achievement.
- Working with Looked After Children (LAC) and others who have Social Emotional and Mental Health Needs (SEMH)
- Providing assessment, therapy, advice and support to families working with Children and Young People (CYP)
- Opportunity to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team of professionals including Education staff, Foster Carers, Therapists and Social Workers
- Based at ISP School in Teynham for 2 days a week and working with ISP CYP in mainstream schools throughout Kent for 1 day a week
- Line management of Speech and Language Therapy Assistants supported by a Consultant Speech and Language Therapist
- Be a qualified Speech & Language Therapist
- Be a member of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT) and registered with the HCPC (Health & Care Professions Council)
- Have tangible post qualification experience including skills at a minimum of Level 2 of the RCSLT's SEMH skill specification
- Have a full driving licence and unrestricted access to your own vehicle as you may need to visit ISP CYP who attend mainstream schools elsewhere in addition to those at our School
- Must be willing to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check prior to commencing work. Any costs incurred will be met by ISP
If you would like to find out more about this post or our School, please contact Melanie Cross (Consultant Speech and Language Therapist) on 07740 404 596.
To be considered for this post please hit apply and you will be redirected to our application page.