Supervising Social Worker - Fostering
FOSTER CARE ASSOCIATES (THE FCA)
Role: Supervising Social Worker - Fostering
12 month fixed-term contract
Base Location: Durham
Basic salary: Up to £34,000
Benefits: Company Car or £2,000 Car Allowance, 30 day's Annual Leave (rising to 35 with length of service) + Bank Holidays. Company Pension, Life Assurance x2 & Employee Discount Scheme
ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT MAKING A POSITIVE AND LASTING DIFFERENCE TO LOOKED AFTER CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE?
ARE YOU AN ENTHUSIASTIC SOCIAL WORKER OR NEWLY QUALIFIED SOCIAL WORKER LOOKING FOR A NEW CHALLENGE?
Foster Care Associates are looking for an enthusiastic and committed Supervising Social Worker to join their fostering team in Durham.
This is an excellent opportunity to further develop your skills within fostering and be part of a highly supportive environment where the focus is on delivering high quality support to carers and working together to make a positive and lasting difference to children and young people.
You may be an experienced Social Worker or a new Social Worker looking for a development opportunity, as long as you have excellent organisational skills, are able to meet deadlines, have excellent communications skills and the ability to analyse situations accurately as well as a passion for fostering then this is the ideal role for you.
You will need to be:
- Qualified Social Worker and hold a current HCPC registration or Social Care Wales.
- Recent experience in fostering and services for children.
- Possess a good working knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and procedures in relation to fostering and safeguarding.
- Enthusiastic and a committed self-starter with the ability to work independently but also skilled in keeping in touch with team members and carers
- Have the drive and determination to recruit Foster Carers to develop carer growth plans.
- Have excellent assessment skills and be a strong communicator, both written and verbal with good IT skills and be able to produce a high standard of report writing.
In return we offer:
- Full time, fixed term (12 months) role which comes with an attractive salary of up to £34,000 per annum dependent on skills/ experience + company car or car allowance.
- Generous holiday allowance starting at 30 days and rising to 35 days per annum in line with length of service plus bank holidays
- Opportunities to work flexibly if needed
- A commitment to manageable caseloads.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- We always look to develop our employee’s potential so there's plenty of scope to further your career too.
Foster Care Associates is committed to equality in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunities employer. We have also been awarded Disability Confident employer status by the Jobcentre plus.We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position.