Supervising Social Worker or Senior Supervising Social Worker - Fostering
FOSTER CARE ASSOCIATES SCOTLAND
SUPERVISING SOCIAL WORKER OR SENIOR SUPERVISING SOCIAL WORKER
Basic Salary: Up to £38,000
Benefits: Company Car or £2,000 Car Allowance, Company Pension, 30 days' Annual Leave (rising to 35 days' with length of service), Life Assurance & Employee Discount Scheme
Location: Glasgow or Homebased
Foster Care Associates (part of the Polaris Community) are looking for an enthusiastic and committed Supervising Social Worker to join their fostering team.
This role has the flexibility to be homebased or office based in Glasgow although travel across the West & Central Scotland region will be required.
This is an excellent opportunity to further develop skills within fostering and be part of a highly supportive environment where the focus is on delivering high quality support to carers and working together to make a positive and last difference to children and young people.
If you are a knowledgeable and experienced social worker with excellent organisational skills, are able to meet deadlines, have excellent communications skills and the ability to analyse situations accurately as well as a passion for fostering then this is the ideal role for you.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Support foster carers and their families to achieve outstanding outcomes for all children and young people in foster care.
- Support and monitor the continued suitability and competence of Foster Carers ensuring they provide a safe, healthy, nurturing and learning environment for children/young people.
- Ensure that carers fully understand the fostering task, competencies to be achieved and the standards expected, including complaints and representation procedures as detailed in the FCA policies and procedures.
- Provide and record regular supervision to allocated foster carers in line with FCA’s Operational Standards.
- Work in partnership in a team parenting approach to help identify any needs within the foster family e.g. respite, activities, therapy, holidays, with all members of the child’s network, including contributing to all relevant meetings and any other tasks defined.
- Ensure each child and foster carer are fully compliant in respect of all key documentation.
- Attend meetings and/or provide reports for Commissioning Teams to address individual packages of care.
- Promote participation of children/young people in the development of the agency and in accessing resources and opportunities in their local community.
- Participate in an ‘out of hours’ support service on a rota basis (approximately 20-30 days per annum).
- Undertake occasional initial home visits and Form F Assessments.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- A Social Work qualification
- Professional registration with the HCPC/equivalent
- Proven ability to produce a high standard of report writing
- A comprehensive working knowledge of relevant legislation and child safeguarding procedures
- The willingness and ability to travel extensively (including occasional nights away)
- Confidence with transporting children and young people in sometimes stressful/difficult situations
- Full driving licence
This is a full time, permanent position. The role comes with an attractive salary of up to £38k per annum dependent on experience + car/car allowance & benefits.
Foster Care Associates is committed to equality in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunities employer. We have also been awarded Disability Confident Employer status by the Jobcentre plus.We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position.