Supervising Social Worker
Foster Care Associates (part of the Polaris Community) are looking for an enthusiastic and committed Supervising Social Worker to join their fostering team in the South West.
The role is based in Devon with travel required around the area.
This is an excellent opportunity to further develop skills within fostering and be part of a highly supportive environment where the focus is on delivering high quality support to carers and working together to make a positive and lasting difference to children and young people.
If you are a knowledgeable and experienced social worker with excellent organisational skills, are able to meet deadlines, have excellent communications skills and the ability to analyse situations accurately as well as a passion for fostering then this is the ideal role for you.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Support foster parents and their families to achieve outstanding outcomes for all children and young people in foster care.
- Support and monitor the continued suitability and competence of Foster parents ensuring they provide a safe, healthy, nurturing and learning environment for children/young people.
- Ensure that carers fully understand the fostering task, competencies to be achieved and the standards expected, including complaints and representation procedures as detailed in the FCA policies and procedures.
- Provide and record regular supervision to allocated foster parents in line with FCA’s Operational Standards.
- Work in partnership in a team parenting approach to help identify any needs within the foster family e.g. respite, activities, therapy, holidays, with all members of the child’s network, including contributing to all relevant meetings and any other tasks defined.
- Ensure each child and foster parent are fully compliant in respect of all key documentation.
- Attend meetings and/or provide reports for Commissioning Teams to address individual packages of care.
- Promote participation of children/young people in the development of the agency and in accessing resources and opportunities in their local community.
- Participate in an ‘out of hours’ support service on a rota basis
- Undertake occasional initial home visits and Form F Assessments.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- A Social Work qualification
- Professional registration with the HCPC/equivalent
- Proven ability to produce a high standard of report writing
- A comprehensive working knowledge of relevant legislation and child safeguarding procedures
- The willingness and ability to travel extensively (including occasional nights away)
- Confidence with transporting children and young people in sometimes stressful/difficult situations
- Full driving licence
This is a full time, permanent position. The role comes with an attractive salary of up to £31k per annum dependent on experience + car/allowance + benefits.
Foster Care Associates is committed to equality in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunities employer. We have also been awarded Double Tick status by the Jobcentre plus.We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position.
Please note that on clicking “apply” you will receive a return email asking you to fill out our application form online, and it is a requirement for this to be completed before we can progress your application.