Role: Team Leader
Area: Eastbourne, East Sussex
Salary: Salary: Opportunity to earn up to £29,194. You will be contracted to 35 hours per week £24k basic, and in addition you would be expected to work 1-2 sleep-in nights per week, making your annual earnings £26,592 - £29,194 depending on your chosen number of sleep-ins. Additional overtime is also regularly available
LCS are a leading provider of semi-independent accommodation and support for young people leaving care. Our aim is to support young people towards living independently and to achieve their dreams and aspirations. We provide young people with high quality accommodation and support them to live safely. We support young people aged 16 and over, a number of whom have complex needs including dealing with experiences of trauma and/or loss.
We are delighted to have opened a new service in Eastbourne, East Sussex for young people leaving care. You will join our management team responsible for the day-to-day running of the service. The primary tasks will include supervising a team of support workers as well as undertake some direct support work yourself. You will be given excellent support and coaching from our management team, including regular supervision and formal training opportunities.
Due to recent COVID-19 developments please note that all interviews at this time will be arranged virtually using Microsoft TEAMS. All visits/meetings are currently being kept to a minimum, and any that do take place follow government guidance in relation to social distancing and infection control.
MAIN DUTIES :
- To provide keywork to a number of young people, so that they achieve their aspirations and are supported to become independent
- To provide management including regular individual and group supervisions to the support work team
- To write, assess and review the quality of support plans and risk assessments
- To represent the service positively to a variety of young people, their families and partner agencies
- To contribute to our Out of Hours Duty Rota
ESSENTIAL SKILLS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Level 3 in Health & Social Care/Diploma Children & Young People’s Workforce or equivalent
- Experience of working with young people affected by experiences of trauma and loss
- Experience of working with challenging behaviour and or mental health issues
- Knowledge off staff management
- Be able to work well under pressure and to time limited deadlines
- Have good skills in building relationships and keeping young people at the centre of service thinking and planning
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle is required
Benefits: 28 Days’ Annual Leave and rising to 33 Days’ per year (inclusive of Bank Holidays), Accredited Training, Employee Discount Scheme & Pension Scheme
LCS is an Equal Opportunities employer. We have also been awarded Disability Confident Employer status by the Jobcentre plus. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position. We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification. Please note, we do not work with recruitment agencies.
Please also note that on clicking “apply” you will receive a return email asking you to fill out our application form online, and it is a requirement for this to be completed before we can progress your application.