Class Teacher - SEN
Job Title: SEND Teacher
Contract Type: Full-Time, Term Time Only
Salary: £28,000 - £38,000
Contract Term: Permanent
Hours: 8.30am – 4.30pm
Start Date: January 2024
Are you a passionate and dedicated SEND Teacher looking for a new and exciting opportunity? Are you ready to join a supportive and nurturing community that works together to achieve the very best outcomes for its pupils? If so, Selwyn Hall School could be the perfect place for you to develop your career and make a real difference to the lives of children and young people.
About the school
Selwyn Hall School is a new SEN school in Foxton, South West of Cambridge, which provides specialist education for 7-18 year olds with social, emotional, and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our pupils may have a number of diagnoses including: ASD, ADHD, FASD, anxiety and/or, communication and interaction, cognition, and learning needs. Our small bespoke groupings of 4-6 children ensure that every pupil receives the individual attention they need to succeed.
The school is situated within large private grounds to create a therapeutic environment that enables us to focus on the health and wellbeing of the pupils. We have space for a range of outdoor learning experiences including forest school, a multi-use sports pitch, sensory trail, conservation area and play equipment. Inside, the building has been completely refurbished and offers a range of classrooms and activity rooms including science, computing, music, drama and Art/DT.
We are part of the Polaris Community and have been passionately improving the lives of young people for over 30 years. Within the Polaris Community we have six SEN schools across the UK who work together to provide each pupil with a tailored, diverse and appropriate education in a safe, supportive environment that promotes engagement, inspires learning and encourages achievement. All of our provisions are rated Good or Outstanding by Ofsted.
About the role
The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching all allocated areas of the primary curriculum. You will be required to plan, prepare and present lessons that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within the class group.
Other responsibilities include:
- Motivating pupils through enthusiastic, imaginative presentation
- Working collaboratively with colleagues, parents and other professionals to ensure a high standard of education
- Monitoring and assessing pupils' progress, providing regular feedback to pupils, parents and colleagues
- Using a variety of teaching strategies and resources to promote pupils' engagement and learning
- Creating and maintaining a safe and stimulating learning environment for all pupils
- Ensure all school policies are adhered to in line with the school values
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status
- Successful Primary School Teaching experience
- A good knowledge of the National Curriculum
- Ability to adapt teaching to meet pupils needs
- Company Pension
- Life Assurance
- Access to our employee discount scheme offering savings with over 740 retailers including all the major supermarkets, hundreds of high street shops and a wide range of restaurants.
The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS Check, the cost of which will be covered by Polaris. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment
If you have any questions or would like to discuss this role more, please contact Jo Binfield on 07955 221147.