One to One Teaching Assistant
INTEGRATED SERVICES PROGRAMME (ISP) SCHOOL
ONE TO ONE TEACHING ASSISTANT - PROGRESS & ENGAGEMENT GUIDE
Basic Salary: £20,375 (£10.45 ph)
Hours: Term Time
Contract: Fixed Term
Contract End Date: July 2024
Benefits: Company Pension, Life Assurance, Employee Discount Scheme
Location: Battle, Sussex
ISP School is a Special Educational Needs School that has been established in Kent for over 20 years. Renown for working with vulnerable children with a wide range of complex needs from 7 to 16 years. Our mission is to provide each pupil with a diverse and appropriate education in a safe, supportive environment that promotes self-discipline and engagement, inspires learning and encourages aspiration and achievement.
We have expanded our Special Educational Needs provision by opening a new school with a full capacity of 60 pupils in Battle, East Sussex. The school is located within a country estate, with visually stunning surrounds. If you would like to find out more about our School please visit our website https://ispschools.org.uk/
- Dedicated to mentoring and supporting one pupil or else a small group of no more than five pupils
- Supporting the Classroom Teacher during lessons
- Reporting on pupils’ progress and concerns, and liaising with other School staff to ensure pupils needs are met
- Supervision of pupils during non-classroom time including extra-curricular activities and school trips
- Assisting with lesson planning and classroom preparation
- Setting work where appropriate, and marking
- Building positive relationships with your pupil/s and driving interaction and positive learning outcomes
- Have a strong basic education, ideally to A-level, with a minimum of GCSE Grade C or equivalent in English Language and Mathematics, and sound IT skills.
- Previous experience in a similar role ie, Teaching Assistant
- Some previous experience of working with pupils with SEMH within an Educational setting
- Be experienced and confident enough to be able to lead on a specialism ie, Reading, Mathematics, Forest School etc
- Experience of behaviour management and techniques
- Committed to professional development and willing to learn
- Must be willing to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check prior to commencing work. Any costs incurred will be met by ISP.
The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS Check, cost of which will be met by ISP School Battle.
ISP School Battle is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
ISP School Battle is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment