Deputy Manager - Residential Children's Service
At Dove Adolescent Services we support young people within our care to develop emotional resilience to achieve their full potential in all areas of their lives. The underpinning ethos within our homes is of fostering appropriate relationships with young people and their significant others, to support them within their future transitions into adulthood.
We are currently seeking a Residential Children's Services Deputy Manager to join our services in Eggborough
Full Time - 39 hours per week
Salary: £32,000.00 per annum
Main Purpose of Job
The deputy manager needs to support the registered manager of the home with the delivery of the day to day management of the home, thus ensuring we deliver a high quality level of care. This ensures the home actively promotes the rights of young people as individuals and provides them with quality care in accordance with the policies and procedures of the organisation.
To support with the leadership of a team of care workers, in conjunction with relevant legislation and guidance to ensure that good outcomes are achieved for young people within the home to meet their physical, psychological, emotional & social development.
To contribute to the overall ethos, values and aims of organisation.
Accountable directly to the line manager – Registered Manager of home, and to the Responsible individuals and Operational Directors
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for Service and Practice
- The development and delivery of high quality care in accordance with relevant Legislation, Regulations, including Ofsted SCIFF and The Organisations Policy and Procedures guidelines, showing an awareness to integrate an equal opportunities approach and working in an anti-discriminatory way and incorporate safeguarding responsibilities.
- Adherence to all legislative guidelines in respect of Health & Safety and ensure that all staff have adequate working knowledge and training
- To support the manager in the keeping of appropriate records relating to both young people and employees and the implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems within the organisation.
- To develop and promote new techniques and approaches to child care provision based in the home and be part of the senior team of the organisation, positively promoting it's well-being.
- To attend, prepare for and chair various meetings both internally and externally both alongside the registered manager and in their absence.
- On a rota basis to take on-call responsibilities – if required to undertake sleep in shift to cover shortfalls.
- The ability to write concise and evaluative reports and contribute to overseeing all written communication to enable us to sustain the required standards.
- To be responsible for decision making in the absence of the registered manager
Human Resource Management
- To be involved in the recruitment of new employees, ensuring all relevant checks are completed.
- To support registered manager to ensure that all staff are adequately inducted, supervised, and appraised in line with the organisational policy.
- To support registered manager to meet Continuous professional development needs of staff team – ensuring all mandatory training requirements are met.
- To support registered manager to maintain effective Rota’s and complete monthly expenses.
- To undertake the investigation of grievances, complaints and disciplinary matters (at an appropriate level) in accordance with the Organisational policies and procedures.
Management of Physical and Financial Resources
- Support the registered manager to monitoring the service budget and all financial transactions; ensuring financial targets are achieved and adhered to.
- To effectively report any maintenance issues to the ensure service premises and equipment meets requirements.
- To promote the organisation in a positive way with external agencies, other professionals and members of the general public as required
- To liaise with commissioners/ referrals manager regarding admissions.
- Enthusiasm in providing the highest quality care and education
- Level 3 qualification in Childrens and Young people’s Workforce or equivalent as a minimum
- Level 5 qualification in Leadership and Management or willingness to complete the qualification
- Experience of managing a team
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of child protection and safeguarding procedures
- Familiarity with the needs of vulnerable individuals
- Demonstrate high standards of safe working practice
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, young people and outside agencies
- Ability to maintain emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviour
- Demonstrate respect for appropriate boundaries and authority
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Demonstrate an understanding and commitment to equal opportunities
- Holds a current UK driving licence / has the use of appropriate transport
- Flexible and reliable
- Participate in management forum and contribute to development of work practice, policies and procedures etc.
- 25 days per annum plus 8 statutory holidays
- 39 hours full time, Sleep in duties required as set out per Rota of home. Some office days will be required to assist in administrative duties
- Petrol Allowance - Paid when using own car – proof of business insurance must be provided
- Pension - In line with the organisational Pension Scheme and government guidance
Dove Adolescent Services Ltd established 1993 provides residential care for young people. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position. We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification.