One to One Teaching Assistant
INTEGRATED SERVICES PROGRAMME (ISP) SCHOOL
One to One TEACHING ASSISTANT - PROGRESS & ENGAGEMENT GUIDE
Salary: £19,000 prorated
Hours: 30 hours 9am – 3.30 Mon – Thurs 9am - 1.30pm Friday
Benefits: Company Pension, Life Assurance, Employee Discount Scheme
Contract: Term Time Only
Location: Teynham, Kent
About our School
ISP School is an independent specialist provision serving children and young people (CYP) in Kent and Medway who live with their families, foster carers or in residential children’s homes.
Our school supports CYP with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH) and Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
We provide high quality education, adopting a holistic and tailored approach, complemented by a full range of support services, for each and every one of our pupils. If you would like to find out more about our School please visit our website https://ispschools.org.uk/
- Dedicated to mentoring and supporting one pupil or else a small group of no more than five pupils
- Supporting the Classroom Teacher during lessons
- Reporting on pupils’ progress and concerns, and liaising with other School staff to ensure pupils needs are met
- Supervision of pupils during non-classroom time including extra-curricular activities and school trips
- Assisting with lesson planning and classroom preparation
- Setting work where appropriate, and marking
- Building positive relationships with your pupil/s and driving interaction and positive learning outcomes
- Have a strong basic education, ideally to A-level, with a minimum of GCSE Grade C or equivalent in English Language and Mathematics, and sound IT skills.
- Previous experience in a similar role ie, Teaching Assistant
- Some previous experience of working with pupils with SEMH within an Educational setting
- Be experienced and confident enough to be able to lead on a specialism ie, Reading, Mathematics, Forest School etc
- Experience of behaviour management and techniques
- Committed to professional development and willing to learn
- Must be willing to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check prior to commencing work. Any costs incurred will be met by ISP.
What we offer
- A commitment to support your development in acquiring new skills through a wide range of professional opportunities
- An opportunity to make a huge contribution to the lives and lifelong learning of vulnerable children who deserve high quality teaching in a safe educational provision
- A friendly and inclusive team who are passionate about improving pupil outcomes
The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS Check, cost of which will be met by ISP School Teynham.
ISP School Teynham is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
ISP School Teynham is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.