Business Admin Apprentice
Role: Business Admin Apprentice
Salary: Starting £230 per week with clear progression through apprenticeship to £330 per week at qualification
Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm - 35hrs
Contract Type: Fixed Term 18months
Course Information: Business Administration Level 3 - You will be allocated the time required during the working week to attend learning that supports your apprenticeship course.
Benefits: 30 days’ Annual Leave increasing to 35 days’ with length of service + Bank Holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Life Insurance x 2, Employee Discount Scheme, Paid training with a view to obtaining a recognised qualification within Administration, Completion of Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths and English alongside your qualification & On-Site Free Parking
We are Polaris, one of the UK’s largest leading communities of children’s service providers.
Within the community, we have independent fostering and adoption agencies who have been passionately improving the lives of young people for over 30 years, as well as Leaving Care services, Residential, Education and bespoke children’s services contracts. Our nurturing community works collectively to support the very best outcomes for each and every child in our care. We’re ambitious for our children and young people, families and staff, and believe in their future.
We are currently recruiting for a number of apprentices within our Foster Parent Pay department.
These apprenticeships will provide an exciting role for someone who wants to join a fantastic team in a fast moving, progressive organisation
- To provide administrative support relevant to your department
- Maintain the departments Database and any other Company IT Systems/internal recording
- Respond to inbound telephone calls and manage outgoing and incoming mail.
- Ensure security and strict confidentiality
- Communicate effectively to all customers, internal and external to the Group.
- Comply with Equal Opportunities Policy and Procedure in all employment practices.
The ideal candidate must have the following skills and experience:
- Basic administration skills
- GCSE/equivalent in Maths and English - This can be completed alongside your qualification if not already obtained.
- Ability to manage own workload and work independently
- Excellent customer service skills
- An understanding of the use of IT and electronic communications including Microsoft Office (eg Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Good organisational skills
- Be open to direction, using initiative to seek advice where necessary
If this sounds like it could be you, we would like to hear from you.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Rachael Jenkins, Foster Parent Pay Manager on 01527 556480.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a standard DBS check, the cost of which will be met by Polaris.
Polaris is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
Polaris is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.