Family Support Worker
Family Support Worker – Orange Grove
Contract type: Full-time
Salary: £19,000 - £22,000
Contract term: Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday – Friday
Location: Beverley, Yorkshire
Benefits: £3,000 Car Allowance, 30 days Annual Leave (rising to 35 days with length of service) + Bank Holidays, Company Pension, Life Assurance, Employee Discount Scheme
Orange Grove was founded in 1996 by two social workers who understood that strong relationships held the key to successful fostering. As with all families, relationships matter. They provide a stable platform for growth, which is why we commit time, effort, and resources to nurturing them constantly.
We do this for the children in our care by getting to know them and providing a safe and positive family environment. We do it for our foster parents by treating them individually and tailoring our support to their needs. We take care to build strong and positive relationships with local authorities and our other partners, so we can all work effectively together.
This has been at the heart of our philosophy ever since we were first set up over 20 years ago.
Orange Grove Yorkshire has an exciting opportunity for a Participation Officer to join our Beverley team. You will play an important part in our continuing commitment to achieving the best possible outcomes for our children and young people, ensuring that their views and experiences shape the services we provide.
- Have significant professional childcare experience, with priority given to candidates who have some Fostering of Fostering sector experience or else can demonstrate significant Fostering knowledge and interest
- Ideally possess a relevant qualification or evidence of formal training in childcare, childhood studies, education, social work, youth work, community work and/or psychology
- Can demonstrate previous experience of building rapport with adults and children with an array of different needs and expectations
- Able to remain calm when under high levels of pressure, emotionally traumatic situations and when dealing with difficult or confrontational behaviour
- Intermediate IT skills to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and databases
- Have a full driving licence and unrestricted access to your own vehicle
- Be willing to undertake an Enhanced DBS check cost will be met by Orange Grove Fostercare
- Arranging activities and workshops for our ‘Looked After’ and birth children
- Planning family events and days out
- Forge close and productive working relationships with colleagues, Foster Parents, external professionals and multi-agency networks
- Attendance at meetings with Professionals from Education, Health and Social Services sectors to support our Children and Young People’s care plans
- Assessment, review and report writing, and maintaining clear records
- Be aware of, and take responsibility for staying up to date with professional practice standards, legislation and company policy including confidentiality, GDPR, safeguarding, equality, diversity and inclusion
- Provide support and guidance to our families and help promote the stability of foster placements
Orange Grove Fostercare is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
Orange Grove Fostercare is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.