Enquiries Officer - Fostering
Enquiries Officer – 12 Months Fixed Term Contract
Salary: £19,500 - £21,000 per annum dependent upon experience
Benefits: 30 days’ Annual Leave + Bank Holidays, Company Pension, Life Assurance x2, Employee Discount Scheme & on-site free parking
Office Based - Nottingham
Fostering People are an innovative developing provider with an outstanding inspection rating. We have a reputation for providing exceptional support, to our children, foster carers and to our dedicated staff team. Established in 2000, our reputation and positive approach has enabled us to achieve growth in the fostering sector. We have received 3 consecutive Outstanding inspections from Ofsted. Our 2019 inspection report highlighted the following:
- Staff and managers work proactively and closely with a wide range of involved agencies and professionals. They constantly strive to learn and improve the services that they provide.
- Carers report being very happy working for this agency. They feel that the assessment process is robust and fair. They have excellent support from their supervising social workers, as well as managers in the agency. They attend support groups and regular events with their birth and looked after children. They feel highly valued and respected as carer.
- Agency staff report exceptionally high levels of satisfaction in their roles. They feel well supported, trained and respected. Training opportunities for staff and carers are excellent.
You will be responsible for being the first point of contact for applicants who enquire to foster with us. You will be building rapport with potential Foster Parents, providing information and screening applicants for suitability. You will guide new applicants on the benefits of fostering with Fostering People, taking them through an initial screening process and highlighting transferable skills they can bring to the role.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with an engaging manner that is able to communicate confidently over the phone and via Live Chat. You will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and lively with the ability to build relationships, identify opportunities and create solutions.
A background in sales or a customer service role would be an advantage for this fast paced role.
- Excellent telephone manner being able to communicate confidently
- Strong IT skills including use of Microsoft Suite, and prior use of CRM databases
- Ability to multi-task and manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to work flexibly to meet business needs will include one evening per week
- Previous customer service experience would be an advantage
- Prior knowledge of fostering/the fostering sector and standard foster carer recruitment process an advantage but not essential.
For an informal conversation about this post, please contact Lynne Maddocks on 07970 081444.
To be considered for this position, please do apply.
No Agencies Please.
Fostering People is an equal opportunities employer and has been awarded the disability confident employer by the jobcentre plus. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position.