Administrator Apprentice Role
Contract type: Full-Time
Contract term: Fixed Term – Approx, 18 months
Location: Stone, Staffordshire
Hours: 39 hours per week
Working Pattern: Monday –Thursday 9am – 5pm Friday’s 9am – 4pm
Benefits: Paid training in line with National Minimum Wage with a view to obtaining a recognised qualification, 30 days’ Annual Leave increasing to 35 days’ with length of service + Bank Holidays Company Pension, Life Assurance, Employee Discount Scheme.
Business Administration Level 3 – You will be allocated the time required during the working week to attend learning that supports your apprenticeship course. Paid training with a view to obtaining a recognised qualification within Administration, completion of Function Skills Level 2 in Maths and English, if required, alongside your qualification.
Orange Grove was founded in 1996 by two social workers who understood that strong relationships held the key to successful fostering. As with all families, relationships matter. They provide a stable platform for growth, which is why we commit time, effort, and resources into nurturing them constantly.
We do this for the children in our care by getting to know them and providing a safe and positive family environment. We do it for our foster parents by treating them individually and tailoring our support to their needs. And we take care to build strong and positive relationships with local authorities and our other partners, so we can all work effectively together.
This has been at the heart of our philosophy ever since we were first set up over 20 years ago.
What we are looking for
We are currently seeking a motivated and organised administration apprentice to support our fostering teams.
Reporting to the Centre Manager the post is full-time with time to be agreed to complete the apprenticeship either at a local college or onsite depending on availability at the point of commencing the Apprenticeship.
The role is available to start as soon as possible for the right candidate.
Role and Responsibilities, with support will include
- Maintaining electronic and paper files
- Maintaining databases
- Producing letters
- Processing incoming and outgoing post
- Message taking
- To support the social work team with data collection, recording, filing and auditing
- To receive visitors
- To build up and maintain a supportive relationship with foster parents, as the post holder will be one of the first points of contact within the office
- To liaise with Local Authority social workers
- To support in the organisation of monthly meetings for foster parents
- To carry out statutory checks and take up references on prospective foster parents
- To maintain accurate databases/registers of all referrals and children placed
- To order stationary and receive orders
- To maintain a database of children’s birthdays and send out cards to children
- To attend regular team meetings
- To represent and promote ISP at every opportunity
- To make constructive use of supervision and work closely with team members to enhance personal and team developments
- To provide cover across the team for other administration duties during periods of leave
- Basic administration skills
- Educated to GCSE level with grades A-C in Mathematics, English and ICT – This can be completed alongside your qualification if not already obtained
- An understanding of the use of IT and electronic communications including Microsoft Office (eg Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Good communication skills (phone/digital/writing)
- Ability to manage workload
- To be able to contribute to team working and to develop good working relationships
- The ability to demonstrate professionalism and diplomacy and to represent ISP at all times
Interviews may take place over Microsoft Teams or in person at our Stone office.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a standard DBS Check, cost of which will be met by Orange Grove.
Orange Grove is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
Orange Grove is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.