Basic Salary: £28,000 - £35,990
Contract: Full Time, Term time only
Benefits: Company Pension, Life Assurance, Employee Discount Scheme
Location: Ruddington, Nottinghamshire
About our School
Easthorpe School is an independent specialist provision serving children and young people in the East Midlands who live with their families, foster carers or in residential children’s homes.
The school first opened it’s doors to pupils in November 2022 and we are expanding the team to support the increase in pupil numbers in the Lower School (7-13yrs) provision.
Class sizes do not exceed 6 pupils and are supported by a qualified class teacher with up to 2 teaching assistants.
Our school supports pupils with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH) and a range of diagnosis which may include Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD, Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder, Sensory Processing Disorder, Attachment needs and mild/moderate learning needs.
This job is an excellent opportunity for an experienced teacher to help shape the growth and development of our new provision and enrich the lives of our pupils. This role will give you the chance to further develop your skills as a class teacher whilst giving you the opportunity to work in the most rewarding sector of education.
We provide high quality education, adopting a thoughtful and informed approach for each pupil. If you would like to find out more about our school, have a chat or find out more then please visit www.easthorpeschool.co.uk or get in touch.
Potential candidates are strongly encouraged to get in touch and arrange a school visit before applying. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
- Responsible for the planning and delivery of high quality lessons within the national curriculum whilst meeting the complex SEMH needs of all pupils.
- Supporting the class team in facilitating learning opportunities and promoting positive behaviours.
- Reporting on pupils’ progress and concerns, and liaising with other School staff to ensure pupils needs are met
- Supervision of pupils during non-classroom time including extra-curricular activities and school trips
- Building positive relationships with your pupil/s and driving interaction and positive learning outcomes
- Hold qualified teacher status (QTS)
- Have a strong basic education to degree level
- Previous successful teaching experience
- Some previous experience of working with pupils with SEMH within an Educational setting
- Experience of behaviour management and techniques
- Committed to professional development and willing to learn
- Must be willing to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check prior to commencing work.
What we offer
- A workplace that values the emotional health and wellbeing of everybody (you included!)
- A commitment to support your development in acquiring new skills through a wide range of professional opportunities
- An opportunity to make a huge contribution to the lives and lifelong learning of vulnerable children who deserve high quality teaching in a safe educational provision
- A friendly and inclusive team who are passionate about improving pupil outcomes
The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS Check, cost of which will be met by Easthorpe School.
Easthorpe School is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
Easthorpe School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment