Principle Social Worker
Principle Social Worker
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Working Pattern: Some flexibility is required including evenings and weekends.
Location: Homebased, must be willing to travel
Basic Salary: £34,680 - £37,874
Benefits: 30 days’ Annual Leave (rising to 35 days’ with length of service) + Bank Holidays, Company Pension, Life Assurance x2, Employee Discount Scheme
Adopters for Adoption is a national UK adoption agency, based in Worcestershire. The agency was set up to not only provide adoption services to those looking to become adoptive parents, but to also have a positive impact on the way those people are supported in the adoption process.
Adopters for Adoption are recruiting and an exciting opportunity has arisen for an Adoption Principle Social Worker to join our established team supporting the Adoption service across the UK. The main responsibilities of the role will be to support adopters from approval through to the adoption order and to offer post adoption support in line with adoption regulations, standards and guidance.
- Support the growth in terms of adopter recruitment and placements made in line with the business plan
- Working with both internal staff and independent social workers to ensure that all prospective adopters are thoroughly prepared, rigorously assessed and approved to become adoptive parents in a sensitive and empowering manner
- Oversee and manage family finding activities
- Participate in negotiation between AFA and Local Authorities to ensure that each child or young person placed is carefully matched.
- Contribute to the training and support offered to prospective adopters and adopters and independent social workers
- Facilitate support groups
- Ensure that all adopters receive the best possible adoption support, pre and post order
- Ensure compliance with regulations, standards, guidance and company policy
- Ensure that all records are maintained in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain effective relationships within the organisation and with outside agencies.
- Assist the Head of Service in preparing for external inspections, internal and external audits and reviews
- Qualified and Registered Social Worker
- Experience of working with children & families including adoption
- A proven ability to produce a high standard of report writing and high level of skills in written and oral presentation of information (including data analysis using IT such as Excel or similar)
- To be able to evidence an understanding and practical application of the use of IT and electronic communications, including the use of Microsoft Office
- Experience of assessment of Adopters
- Ability to communicate at all levels both orally and in writing to be able to negotiate, mediate and build effective relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure and handle changing priorities and demands
- A sound knowledge of Safeguarding procedures
- Ability and willingness to undertake UK wide travel as required
If you think this sounds like your perfect role, we would love to hear from you!
For an informal conversation about this vacancy please contact Sally Heaven-Richards on 07813 054 934.