Role: Administrator – 11 Months Fixed Term
Salary: £19,500 Per Annum
Benefits: 30 days' Annual Leave + Bank Holidays, Company Pension, Life Assurance x2, Employee Discount Scheme, Medical Cash Plan & On-site Free Parking
Location: Office Based - Nottingham
Fostering People is a highly accredited community based fostering agency with over 20 years' experience of changing lives.
Fostering People first opened its doors in 2000, when a local social worker came up with the idea of starting a new, independent fostering service in the East Midlands.
Her idea was to provide plenty of excellent personal support, right in the heart of the local community. Today, this still holds true – except we’re now present in even more communities: Scotland, the North East, North West, West Midlands, East of England and Yorkshire. In these places, the excellence of our work means we’re the preferred choice of partner for many local authorities, who trust us to provide a high quality and caring local service. Just as importantly, so do foster parents in these communities.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking a reliable Administrator to join our friendly and dedicated team at Fostering People Nottingham.
- Undertake a wide range of administrative tasks and duties using keyboard, office and IT skills
- Act as an admin support for foster carers and social workers
- Co-ordination of training and meetings and events
- Completion of monthly tasks according to deadlines
- Recording of essential company information to third parties on our database (CHARMS)
- Act as first point of contact for our customers and portray a positive, professional and helpful image of the organisation
- Understand and follow unique processes
- Note/Minute taking at meetings where appropriate
- Cover reception duties (lunch/annual leaves)
- Previous Administrative experience
- Solid educational background to include GCSE Grade C (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics
- Be able to evidence an understanding of the use of IT and electronic communications including the use of Microsoft Office in particular Word, Excel and Outlook email
- A good knowledge of administrative systems and processes
- Be able to demonstrate effective communication
- Ability to work under pressure and handle changing priorities
For an informal discussion about this post please contact Sophie Weightman – Office Manager on 0115 9455445.
To be considered for this post, please complete an application.
No agencies please.
Fostering People is an equal opportunities employer and has been awarded the disability confident employer by the jobcentre plus. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position.