Core Hours: 9am – 5pm
Benefits: 30 days' Annual Leave (increasing to 35 days' with length of service) + Bank Holidays, Company Pension, Life Assurance, Employee Discount Scheme & Medical Cash (all benefits will be pro-rated)
Set up in 1987 by a small but passionate group of Foster Parents, we became the UK's first independent Foster Care agency. That gives us the benefit of over 30 years' of fostering experience and we're still going strong!
The founder members recognised that looked after children – especially those who’d had very difficult starts in life – needed specialist support. So right from the beginning they put the child at the centre of their thinking and surrounded them with an integrated range of support services. In fact, that's what ISP means: Integrated Service Programme.
Over time, this circle of support has increased to include a whole range of professionals that children and foster parents can tap into, whenever they need to. This includes social workers, fostering advisors, teachers and therapists, who all work with our foster parents and the children they look after, helping them understand and manage even the most challenging situations. This is what’s known as a ‘therapeutic approach’ to fostering and it’s something that we pioneered.
What we are looking for
We are currently looking to recruit an Administrator to provide an administrative support service to our Cheam centre.
The role will involve maintaining databases and electronic filing systems, managing fostering paperwork and forms as well as other ad hoc general administration duties. You will be required to co-ordinate meetings including the setting up of rooms and minute taking, in addition to meeting and greeting of colleagues, carers and children, so good front of house skills and smart presentation are essential.
- To cover reception by greeting visitors, answering the phone, diverting calls / taking messages.
- To make drinks for visitors attending meetings in Centre.
- To record post in / out and associated duties.
- Photocopying and scanning of documents.
- To provide Admin support for Social Workers and Registered Manager as and when required.
- Minute meetings if requested by the Registered Manager
- Typing and distribution of various Social Work forms and uploading to Charms database.
- Distribution of finance forms and uploading to Charms database.
- Ensure all Child and Foster Parent information is kept up to date on Master Lists and database.
- Booking of rooms at the Enfield Centre for Training / Foster Parent & Child Reviews and Therapy.
- Issue petty cash.
- Support Head Office with DBS checks on existing and prospective foster parents, their family members and support network.
- Assist with setting up / clearing of room on training days at the Enfield Centre.
- Shopping for Centre provisions.
- Attend mandatory training, refresher courses and First Aid training.
- Perform any other tasks that may be required as directed by the Senior Administrator and Registered Manager.
What you will need
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong administration skills including minute taking
- Excellent attention to detail
- Multitasking and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels and the ability to respond to difficult situations
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage own workload independently
- Able to build on good working relationships with professionals from various disciplines
- Passionate, professional, with a “can-do” attitude at all times
- A good understanding of GDPR and the ability to be confidential and discreet about information and data
The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS Check, cost of which will be met by ISP.
ISP is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment